How to rotate a PDF on an iPad.
View PDFs the way they were meant to be read. Learn how to rotate PDFs on iPad without fighting your screen’s automatic rotation function.
Download a mobile PDF reader app.
If you frequently work with PDFs on your iPad and want the full range of mobile editing capabilities, download a PDF reader app from the Apple Store and upgrade to Adobe Acrobat Pro. That way, you can view, edit, and rotate PDFs right from your iPad.
To rotate a PDF on iPad with a mobile app, follow these simple steps:
- Open the file in Acrobat Reader for iPad.
- Press the Organize Pages tool on the left toolbar.
- Tap and hold to select the pages you want to rotate.
- Select the direction you want to rotate on the bottom toolbar.
Each time you change the orientation, it’ll rotate the PDF by 90 degrees. If you want to flip the document by a full 180 degrees, just follow the steps twice.
Rotate PDFs with an online app.
If you’d rather not download another app to your iPad, you can rotate PDFs using Adobe Acrobat online services. All you have to do is:
- Visit the Acrobat online website.
- Upload your PDF file.
- Select the pages you want to rotate.
- Choose the rotation direction.
- Save and rename the file.
- Download the new file to your iPad, or get a sharable link.
Because everything is done online, you don’t have to download any extra apps to your iPad and use the storage space for more important things — like funny internet memes.