How to rotate a PDF on an iPhone.
Tired of turning your phone to read documents in the wrong orientation? Learn how to rotate PDFs on iPhone with either a PDF reader or online application.
Use a PDF reader app.
The easiest way to rotate a PDF on your iPhone is to download a mobile PDF reader app from the Apple Store and upgrade to Adobe Acrobat Pro. It will let you open PDFs and quickly make adjustments — including rotations — and more right from the app.
To rotate a PDF on iPhone with Acrobat Pro, follow these simple steps:
- Open the file in Acrobat Reader app.
- Select Organize Pages tool on the left of the screen.
- Tap and hold the pages you want to rotate.
- Select Clockwise or Counterclockwise rotate at the bottom of the toolbar.
Each rotation will turn the PDF 90 degrees in the direction you choose. If you want to flip a file a full 180 degrees, just follow the steps again.
This will fix the PDF orientation, so you won’t have to fight your screen’s Auto Rotate function when you turn your iPhone sideways for easier reading.
Rotate PDFs online.
If you don’t want to download another app to your iPhone, you can use Adobe Acrobat online services to rotate your PDFs. From any web browser, just go to Acrobat online and follow these steps:
- Upload your PDF file.
- Select the pages you want to rotate.
- Select either clockwise or counterclockwise rotation.
- Save and rename the file.
- Download the rotated PDF to your iPhone, or get a sharable link.
Since the entire process is done online, you can save space on your iPhone by not downloading yet another app.