How to rotate a PDF on a Mac.
Need to reorient your document? Learn two simple ways to rotate PDFs on your Mac.
Use a PDF reader.
Using a PDF reader like Adobe Acrobat is the easiest way to rotate a PDF on a Mac without needing an internet connection.
Once you open the PDF in the reader, follow these steps to rotate the document:
- Click on the View tab on the top toolbar.
- Hover over the Rotate View option.
- Select either Clockwise or Counterclockwise.
This will rotate your document by 90 degrees in the direction of your choice. If you want to flip the PDF a full 180 degrees, just repeat the process a second time. Your changes will be saved for the next time you open the PDF.
Rotate a PDF online.
If you don’t have a specific PDF reader installed on your Mac, you can rotate PDFs and more with Adobe Acrobat online services. From any web browser simply access the Acrobat online website and follow the steps below:
- Click Select a File and upload the document, or drag and drop the PDF into the drop zone.
- Select the pages that you want to rotate.
- Click the Rotate Clockwise or Rotate Counterclockwise icon in the top toolbar.
- Save and rename the PDF file.
- Download the rotated document to your Mac, or get a link to share it.
The entire process is done online, so you don’t have to download any additional apps or software to your computer.