How to manage multiple work teams and locations.
Learn more about remote work and tips for managing teams across multiple locations.
When it comes to the qualities of a good leader, managing a remote team is becoming a necessary skill in our increasingly digital world. It’s also one that you can learn and improve upon with a little guidance. Let’s dive into some best practices for leading in a remote workspace.
Tips for managing remote teams.
As a leader, it’s your job to set the tone for your team and help set them up for success. Here are 5 things to keep in mind when managing multiple teams and locations:
- Encourage communication. In any work environment, effective communication is necessary for success. This is even more important when managing remote teams. Provide various channels — such as chats, email, video calls — for teammates to interact with you as well as with one another.
- Adapt meeting lengths. Lengthier in-person meetings don’t necessarily translate well to the virtual space. Set clear objectives for every meeting and aim to finish on time or sooner.
- Provide tools. Teams need the right programs and collaborative tools to accomplish their tasks. These will help your team work together in a streamlined manner from anywhere in the world.
- Build connections. It can be tricky with remote work to build the natural camaraderie that stems from teammates enjoying lunch together or gathering around the coffee station. One idea is to create virtual “drop-in” times, where teams can get to know each other without the pressure of work talk.
- Re-evaluate often. Projects and deliverables change often, so it’s a good idea to check in with your team regularly to see what’s working and what isn’t. This not only lets your team feel heard, it also provides a way to tackle small problems before they become big ones.
While leading others in the virtual space can be challenging at times, it can also be incredibly rewarding as you develop new skill sets and accomplish tasks together. Discover everything you can do with Adobe Acrobat DC and Acrobat online services to help your team connect, collaborate, and crush their goals.