Tips for project management to do lists that work.
Use these project to do list tips to make your life as a manager easier.
Whether you’re a small business owner or a project manager for a huge brand, you have to prioritize task after task after task. And it gets overwhelming after a while — which is why to do list project management is so valuable. Learn how to keep track of each project like a pro with these to do list tips.
Organize tasks from start to finish.
Project managers have a ton of things to keep track of, like who’s doing what and when things are due. So when it’s time to make a to do list for your next project, it’s important that you think through all the tasks and how they relate to one another.
Here are some ways to organize your project management to do list:
- Make your list easy to access: If you aren’t sure where to keep your to do list, consider an Excel spreadsheet. You can always convert it to a PDF later if you want to share it with the rest of your team.
- Categorize each task with a tag or label: Tags can identify a type of task, like admin or accounting. Or they can point out where a task falls in the project’s timeline — for example, project launch.
- Assign due dates: If your project has a deadline, so should each task along the way. Think about the project’s timeline and schedule out tasks accordingly.
- Assign each task to a person: If you’re working with a team, make sure each task is assigned to a person. This keeps each team member accountable and each task trackable.
- Organize tasks logically: Prioritize your project to do list by urgency, total required effort, importance, or chronological order. This helps ensure you don’t skip any steps or cause unnecessary delays.