How to split and merge PDFs.
Make your PDFs easier to share. Learn how to quickly split and merge PDF documents.
PDFs make sharing documents fast — but there’s a way you could make the process even faster. A PDF merger and splitter lets you divide or combine PDFs to share them even more efficiently. Let’s look at how to split/merge PDFs with Adobe Acrobat DC.
Split a PDF.
With the Split tool, you can divide one large PDF file into multiple smaller ones.
- First, open your PDF in Acrobat DC, choose Tools, and then Organize Pages.
- Select the Split tool. Adjust the settings on how you want to split your document.
- Use the Output Options to rename the split files and set a save destination.
- Select Split to finish the process.
You can also complete this task online with Acrobat online services. Navigate to the Split A PDF tool, select your file, determine the split points, and save and download your documents.
The Combine Files tool lets you merge several PDFs into a single document for easier sharing:
- Open Acrobat, go to the Tools menu, and select Combine Files.
- Click Add Files, or drag and drop them into the window.
- Rearrange your files if necessary, and choose your output settings.
- Click Combine to merge your files.
- Save your new PDF.
Acrobat online services also let you use the Merge PDFs tool. Just open the tool, select and rearrange your PDFs, click Merge, and save and download your combined PDF. Find out what more you can do with PDFs online.
Up your PDF game.
Acrobat DC is much more than just a PDF split and merge tool. You can easily convert files to PDFs, share them, add comments and annotations, fill and sign documents, and more.
Discover what more you can do with Acrobat DC to streamline your PDF workflow.