How to create a budget sheet PDF.
Learn more about everyday items to include in a monthly budget and how you can make your own budget PDF template.
When you create a budget, you can easily track your upcoming expenses to see exactly where your money is going. Whether you want to make one for your personal, household, or business finances, you can use ready-made budget PDF templates or customize your own. Let’s dive into what a typical budget includes.
Items to include in your budget.
In general, a budget will show the amount of money you’re earning set against the cost of your expenses. Since many bills are due every 30 days, it’s typical to break down a budget into monthly segments. If you want to make a custom budget template from scratch, here are some common expense breakdowns to help get you started:
- Mortgage/rent/lease (including any property taxes or HOA fees)
- Debts (personal loans, business loans, school loans, credit cards)
- Utilities (water, electricity, garbage, phone, internet)
- Subscriptions (data plans, software and apps, streaming services)
- Transportation (car payment, auto insurance, parking fees, public transit fares)
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Clothing (work and leisure)
- Food (groceries and restaurants)
- Household items (toiletries, cleaning supplies)
- Travel and entertainment
- Savings/retirement plans
- Emergency funds
You can also do a search for a personal or business budget template online and simply plug in your numbers. Most are Excel sheets and allow for some customization, so you can add or drop categories as they relate to you.
Once you’ve got a template that suits your needs, you can easily convert it to a PDF for safekeeping, share it with others, or even collect digital signatures. With mobile PDF readers, you can view your budget on your smartphone so you can make sure you’re staying on track no matter where your day takes you.
Take a moment to explore everything you can do with Acrobat DC today to create safe, secure and easy to use PDFs from just about anywhere.