Tips to build a resume template.
Learn how to create an editable blank resume template PDF that you can use when applying to jobs online.
Designing a brand-new resume for every application can be tiring. Create a blank resume template PDF that you can fill out specifically for each job to save time and effort during your job hunt.
What to include on a resume template.
To stand out as a strong candidate, you should include at least the following information:
- Contact information – name, phone number, and email address.
- Relevant professional experience – The company name, dates of tenure, description of the role, and any achievements for jobs relevant to the position.
- Education – School names, dates attended, and degree(s).
- Special skills – Describe any specific skills or experience that makes you a “value-add”, for example, proficiency with Microsoft Word.
Design your resume template with spaces for each of these bullets. Then, when the perfect job comes around, simply fill out the sections and submit your resume.
If you don’t want to spend time designing it yourself, you can also download blank resume template PDFs from the internet.
Make your template into a PDF.
Most people like to design their resumes in Microsoft Word. It’s a great program for writing and designing resumes, but it’s not practical for viewing. If a potential employer has a different device, your formatting might not appear correctly.
Before you submit your resume, convert your Word file into a PDF. PDFs maintain their formatting, no matter the device. With software like Adobe Acrobat online services, you can follow these steps to easily convert your files.
- Visit the Acrobat online
- Upload your Word resume file
- Let Acrobat do its magic
- Download and save your resume template PDF
Once in PDF form, you’re free to edit, add sections, and send your resume without disturbing the format.
Looking for more ways to work with PDFs? Discover what more you can do with Adobe Acrobat DC to improve your workflow today.