How to make a marketing proposal template.
Don’t reinvent the wheel every time you need to write a marketing proposal. Create a template to make the process faster and easier.
There are a lot of parts that need to be included in a successful marketing proposal. To save time creating proposals from scratch every time — and help you remember what to include — it’s a good idea to create a template that you can fill out with client-specific information.
What to include in your template.
When you create a marketing proposal, give detailed thought to the following points:
- Audience — It should be customized based on your audience, so make sure you know who that is.
- Front matter — This is your proposal’s first impression. Create template placeholders for everything you might need, including the cover, table of contents, and opening statement.
- Solution statement — Explain the problem, how you’ll solve it, and the scope of the work. It’s essentially an overview of the project.
- Investment — Explain the total cost of the project and the timelines for all deliverables.
- Your team — Introduce your team and describe your qualifications, values, culture, and what working with you is like.
- Case study — Add a case study to show how you’ve wowed clients in the past.
- Agreement — Finish the template with any contract terms, fine-print, and signatures required to make the deal a reality.
Your marketing proposal template shouldn’t be a static document. Remember to make changes as you learn what elements work and don’t work to strengthen your proposals in the future.
Create fillable forms on marketing proposal PDFs.
Spreadsheets don’t always maintain their formatting across different devices. To make it easy for your team to collaborate across multiple devices, create a PDF with fillable forms using software like Adobe Acrobat DC.
With fillable forms, you can share marketing proposal PDFs with your team that they can fill in, edit, and share without altering the formatting — no matter which device they use.
Discover how Acrobat DC can simplify creating marketing proposals for your business.