(A) No Unauthorized Distribution. Unless Distributor has separate written permission from Adobe, it will not distribute the Software in any manner not permitted under the Agreement.
(B) No Transfer. Distributor may not rent, lease, sublicense, assign, or transfer its rights under this Agreement, or authorize all or any portion of the Software to be copied except as may be expressly permitted herein.
(C) Default Updater Settings. Distributor may not modify the default updater settings of the Software. As an exception to this prohibition, an IT administrator may modify the default updater settings of copies of the Software distributed within an Intranet under Section 1.2 (b) and (c) above.
(D) No Modification, No Reverse Engineering. Distributor may not modify, adapt, translate, or create derivative works based upon the Software in any way, including without limitation, removal of the installer program, electronic end user license agreement, "About" screen, or any copyright or other proprietary notice that appears in the Software. Distributor will not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Software. If Distributor are located in the European Union, please refer to the additional terms in Section 16 of this Agreement (European Union Provisions).
(E) Permitted Adobe Acrobat Reader Modification. Notwithstanding the prohibition on modification above, Distributor may customize or extend the functionality of the installer for the Adobe Acrobat Reader as specifically allowed by instructions found at https://helpx.adobe.com/eg_ar/support.html or https://www.adobe.com/devnet/reader.html (e.g., installation of additional plug-in and help files). Distributor may not otherwise adapt, translate, alter, or modify the Adobe Acrobat Reader in any way.
(F) Web Download. Distributor may not make the Software available as a standalone product on the Internet. Distributor may direct end users to obtain the Software through electronic download on a standalone basis by linking to the official Adobe website. Any software distributed with the Software and any website containing a link to an Adobe website must not contain any:
(1) Adobe logos, product signatures, or trademarks in stylized form unless under separate prior written license (except as permitted in the Agreement),
(2) materials that are illegal, pornographic, defamatory, infringing, threatening, invasive of another’s privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or
(3) viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines which damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
(G) Adobe Acrobat Reader Restrictions. Adobe Acrobat Reader is licensed and distributed by Adobe for viewing, distributing, and sharing PDF files.
(1) Conversion Restrictions. Distributor may not integrate or use Adobe Acrobat Reader with any other software, plug-in, or enhancement that uses or relies upon Adobe Acrobat Reader when converting or transforming PDF files into other file formats (e.g., a PDF file into a TIFF, JPEG, or SVG file).
(2) Plug-in Restrictions. Distributor is not authorized to integrate or use Adobe Acrobat Reader with any plug-in software not developed in accordance with the Adobe Integration Key License Agreement.
(3) Disabled Features. Adobe Acrobat Reader may contain features and functionalities that are hidden or appear disabled or “grayed out.” These disabled features will activate only when opening a PDF document that was created using technology keys available only from Adobe. Distributor will not access, or attempt to access, or duplicate the functionality of such disabled features without a valid key, nor will Distributor otherwise circumvent the technology that controls activation of such features.
(4) PDF iFilter. Adobe Acrobat Reader also includes the object code version of Adobe PDF iFilter (“iFilter”). iFilter may be distributed by Distributor solely as part of Adobe Acrobat Reader and solely to search and index text within Adobe PDF formatted documents.