CoCreate Business Moves: How an Independent Pharmacy Competes with its Big-Name Neighbors
Adobe Spark enlisted social media strategists to work with their favorite small businesses to help them makeover their social media presence. This story is part of a series exploring the unique challenges facing small businesses today, as well as the creative ways business owners are rising to the occasion, with a little help from a friend.
About the Business
HealthFirst Pharmacy is an all-female and black-owned independent retail and compound pharmacy based in the heart of DeSoto, Texas. Since 2012, this small-but-mighty pharmacy has supported the local community with access to cost-friendly medications, flu shots, and digital consultations — all supplied with an extra dose of personalized treatment and empathy that their customers have come to love and appreciate.
About the Strategist
Summer Galvez is the owner of the SG Creative Agency, full-scale marketing, branding, and design agency. Inspired by the impact HealthFirst has made in her local community, Summer felt moved to support this exceptional business to design a winning social strategy to set them apart from big-name competitors.
Despite their winning customer-centric approach and faithful following, HealthFirst has struggled with building broader awareness in a landscape shared with big-name pharmacy operations. HealthFirst needed a strategy to help find and appeal to new customers, highlighting their personalized offerings and differentiated value from the competition.
- Find and win new customers, showing the benefits of choosing a local pharmacy over big-name competitors.
- Create content highlighting HealthFirst’s winning care model and menu of services.
- Create educational materials that explain their specialized services and offerings (in an easy to digest social format).
The Adobe Spark-Made Solution
Summer helped the HealthFirst team devise a social approach that addressed each key goal in a series of social posts. Here is a look at how this strategy came to life in though Adobe Spark-made content:
- Some of HealthFirst’s key offerings, including hormone replacement therapy and non-sterile compounding, are services that require extra education for consumers. To bridge this gap, the team designed a series of informative videos using Adobe Spark to create each slide to educate clients on these processes.
- The team took a patient-first approach, introducing themselves to the community through an “ask the pharmacist” IG story series. The HealthFirst squad took to social, answering customer questions and demonstrating their approachable and supportive business model. Unlike their competitors, HealthFirst can tout personal care from a small, tight knit team so they started to share more personality, showing up as the face of the brand.
- With health and safety top-of-mind and at-home services needed more than ever, HealthFirst took to social to drive awareness of their app that empowers customers the convenience to manage prescriptions right from their couch.
With a little help from Adobe Spark, Summer and the team at HealthFirst designed social posts that helped them reach a broader audience while highlighting their customer-centric services. Following their first Adobe Spark-made graphic posted to Instagram, the team saw a 2500% growth in reach than previous posts. They also saw an exciting ROI in social follower growth, seeing a 6% increase following their second post.
Folding Adobe Spark into their community strategy has been a game-changer for HealthFirst, helping them articulate the value they bring as an independent pharmacy. Of this success and their first experiences using Adobe Spark, the owners of HealthFirst shared: “We needed a way to create content that was easy, and that would stand out and look professional, and Adobe Spark has done just that.” We are excited to see what this power team continues to do now, equipped with new content creation skills and strategies, and we hope their journey inspires you too!