Calling all newbies: Do you yearn to be an InDesign pro but can’t spend more than a few minutes in the program without getting frustrated? If so, this is your follow-along lab. Master the basics while learning insider secrets about laying out beautiful pages for print, PDF, and digital publications. Join InDesign expert and Adobe MAX Master Anne-Marie “Her Geekness” Concepcion (co-founder of the InDesignSecrets blog and podcast) as she patiently, clearly, and enthusiastically helps you master the world’s preeminent layout program.
In Part 1, you’ll learn how to:
- Customize essential preferences (some of the defaults are wrong)
- Make friends with the two tools and two panels that you’ll use 85% of the time
- Add, edit, and format text
- Import and scale images
- Save, print, and export to different formats
- And the most important skill: Add a drop shadow