Last updated: October 22, 2012
The Adobe® Auditude® platform is used by companies that want to provide relevant content and advertisements in videos you watch on the web.
When a company uses Adobe Auditude, the company tells Adobe what type of information it would like us to collect about the videos it delivers to you. Examples of the type of information a company may ask Adobe to collect are:
- Web browser used to view the video
- Operating system of the device on which the video is viewed
- Internet service provider used when viewing the video
- Your IP address, which Adobe may use to infer your approximate general location (at the regional, state, or city level — not your precise real-time location)
- Web page URL of the page that contained the video
- Description of the web page that included the video (such as a news article you might be reading)
- The referring web page, search engine, or search query that led you to the page with the video
- Whether the video was viewed or interacted with in some way
- Whether an advertisement in the video was clicked on or resulted in a purchase of the product being advertised
Adobe collects and stores this information on behalf of and upon the request of the company using Auditude. None of the information collected personally identifies or precisely locates you.
How is the information collected used?
The company using Adobe Auditude may collect information for a number of purposes, such as to improve its videos, to make the videos easier to find, or to include more engaging advertisements in the videos.
The information collected by Adobe belongs to the company using Auditude, not to Adobe. Adobe uses this information only as allowed in a contract between Adobe and the company to provide services to that company. To learn more about how this information may be used by that company, refer
Adobe may publish reports that show which browsers or operating systemsare used to access websites of the companies that use Auditude.
Does Adobe share any of the information it collects when Adobe Auditude is used?