The following types of institutions are not eligible:
- Non accredited schools and religious organizations
- Hospitals in Canada
- Training centers or schools granting certificates for courses such as computer software training, including, without limitation: Ziff Davis University, Learning Tree University, New Horizon Computer Learning Center, Teacher Training Centers
- Military schools that do not grant academic degrees
- Research laboratories not recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Canadian/Provincial Ministries of Education; for example, institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Department of Energy, or the National Research Council Canada. In addition, laboratories in the U.S. defined as Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs) and University Affiliated Research Centers (UARCs) are not eligible. Examples include: Los Alamos National Laboratory, Sandia National Laboratory, and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
- Other unqualified examples as listed by Adobe from time to time
Proof of eligibility
Adobe requires resellers to authenticate qualified educational institutions according to the following policies. This information is part of the signed agreement between Adobe and the reseller. Adobe also requires identification for purchases through the Educational Institution Store.
Appropriate identification means one of the following:
- A valid, official purchase order issued by an educational entity
- Current credit card information with the proper name, billing address, and delivery address of the educational entity
- A current personal credit card or check payment from a faculty or staff member with a delivery address of the educational entity
- Other appropriate identification as permitted by Adobe from time to time by posting a list of such identification on its website
*Accredited schools are those that are approved by an association recognized by the U.S. Department of Education/State Board of Education or the Canadian/Provincial Ministries of Education and that teach students as their primary focus. In the U.S., such associations include: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Northwest Association of Accredited Schools.