Resize video on the go.
If you prefer to work on mobile devices, Premiere Rush gives you a video resizer and editor right in your pocket.
Before you post your video online, make sure you’ve selected the right aspect ratio preset. Choose from a horizontal YouTube video (16:9), a vertical IGTV project (9:16), or a more square video format (4:5 or 1:1) in the toolbar at the bottom of your screen, and then follow these simple steps to resize your clips:
1. Tap the blue Plus icon (+) to select video clips to add to your timeline.
2. Once in your timeline, double-tap the clip to open the Transform settings.
3. The Fill or Fit options will automatically fill the space of the aspect ratio you have chosen or fit the entire video into frame. Black bars will be added to fill empty space.
4. Adjust the horizontal or vertical positioning of a clip to ensure the subjects of your video are in frame or to adjust where the entire video sits in the frame.
5.You can also rotate any clip 180 degrees in either direction or flip it horizontally or vertically in this menu.
6. Scale the height or width of a clip independently, or choose Lock Scale to adjust the height and width of a clip in unison.
7. Last, you can crop the top, bottom, right, or left side of any clip in your timeline.
Note: The steps are slightly different if you want to resize with Premiere Rush on desktop.