To qualify for a student discount, you must be at least 13 years of age and enrolled in one of the following:
- University or college — accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational college) that grants degrees requiring not less than the equivalent of two years of full-time study*
- Primary or secondary school — accredited public or private primary or secondary school providing full-time instruction*
- Homeschool — defined by state homeschooling regulations
What is proof of eligibility?
Use a school-issued email address: If you provide a school-issued email address during purchase you are instantly verified. (A school email address may include .edu, .k12, or other email domains sponsored by educational institutions.) If you do not have a school-issued email address or your email address cannot be verified, additional proof of eligibility may be requested after purchase.
Students and educators at accredited schools
Proof of eligibility must be a document issued by the institution with your name, institution name, and current date. Types of proof of enrollment include:
- School ID card
- Report card
- Tuition bill or statement
Proof of eligibility may include:
- Dated copy of a letter of intent to homeschool
- Current membership ID to a homeschool association (for example, the Home School Legal Defense Association)
- Dated proof of purchase of curriculum for the current academic school year