Distribute Adobe® Shockwave Player®
The Adobe Shockwave Player is available for limited distribution under special license. The license includes distribution within a company or organizational intranet, on fixed media such as a CD/DVD or with a bundled software product. Distribution via an externally-facing internet site is prohibited.
Adobe Shockwave Player on Mac will no longer be actively developed. You can download the last updated version from this page. For more information, see blog.
Read our FAQ for answers to common questions about Web Player licensing.
You may post Adobe Shockwave Player on company intranet sites or local networks. You may also distribute the Players on a CD, DVD, or any other physical media within the terms and conditions of the electronic Player Distribution License Agreement.
Here is a brief summary of the rights granted by this license:
- Licensee is permitted to distribute Adobe Web Players to multiple clients in a closed intranet environment.
- Licensee is permitted to distribute Adobe Web Players to multiple end-users by including the Player installers on CDs, DVDs or other physical media.
- Usage of Adobe Web Players is only permitted for supported platforms; usage rights on non-PC devices or embedded systems are not granted by this license.
- Licensee must use the installers as-is without modification.
- Licensees, at their discretion, are entitled to display the Flash Enabled and/or Shockwave logos on products or intranet sites according to the Style Guide.
Apply for a License
The application will take a few minutes to complete and will require you to provide general information about your intended usage. At the end, you will be provided with a link to the installers by email.