10 reasons your startup needs e-signatures right now.
Simple, secure, and efficient — discover the many reasons you may want to ditch the pen and paper in favor of electronic signatures.
With any startup, it’s often all hands on deck. Without traditional funding or infrastructure, these types of businesses often have to find ways to cut costs and punch above their weight in a competitive business world. One effective way to do this is by incorporating electronic signatures as part of the everyday workflow.
Advantages of using e-signatures in your business.
Getting an e-signature is a quick, secure, and easy way to obtain a legal signature. If you have yet to implement electronic signatures in your startup, here are just some of their many benefits:
- Efficient use of time. With e-signatures, you can not only skip a trip to the post office, you can use digital signing software to automate your entire document workflow.
- Lower costs. The cost of paper, printing, postage, and document storage may have many startups looking for a paperless alternative. With e-signing, all processes can move to a cloud-based system, helping to lower material costs and keeping workspaces free of paper stacks.
- Better customer experience. Customers expect efficiency and convenience when it comes to document signing. Electronic signing can offer a seamless process while also building customer loyalty and appreciation.
- Ease of use. Electronic signatures offer a better experience to the signer. As soon as the request lands in their inbox, the document signing software guides them through the process — no downloads or sign-ups needed.
- Increased security. Passing a physical document from one signer to another increases the risk of privacy breaches. Safer and more secure than a traditional “wet” pen-and-ink signature, every e-signature comes with an audit trail and lives in the cloud for safekeeping.
- Quicker deal closings. A sale can break down at any step in the process. When you have professional documents that are secure, intuitive, and ready to sign, it might be just the push your team needs to get a deal over the line.
- Trackable files. From the moment you send a signature request, you can track its progress and nudge it along or set completion deadlines if necessary.
- Fewer errors. Paper costs aren’t the only expense startups need to worry about — errors in contracts and other documents can sometimes cost hundreds or thousands of dollars to fix. Creating fillable templates with your document signing software can reduce the risk of error.
- Mobile-friendly. In today’s digital world, many people review and sign documents on the go. You can keep your workflow moving by allowing your customers to e-sign with mobile-friendly software.
- Reduced environmental footprint. With e-signatures and other digital processes, fewer printouts are necessary — an important factor to consider as more and more customers are demanding environmentally-conscious business practices.
These are just some of the many potential benefits of implementing electronic signatures in your startup. While it’s a simple solution, it’s one that can create happy customers, reduce errors, and speed up many processes within your business — something difficult to achieve with pen and paper alone.
As your business grows, keep documents moving and your work flowing. Take a moment to discover everything that’s possible with Adobe Acrobat Sign today.