The benefits of a paperless office.
Learn why it’s important to digitize your business operations to create a paperless office.
A paperless office isn’t the way of the future — it’s how businesses are working now. Digitized documents and archives free up filing cabinets, save paper and printing expenses, create organizational efficiencies, and are safe and secure.
Why should I have a paperless office?
If you’re thinking about digitizing your workplace but aren’t entirely sold on the idea, learn more about how a paperless office works and why to consider it.
- Improves organization: You probably know the feeling — you’re looking for a specific document, but your desk, or drawer, or filing cabinet, is overflowing with loose paper that’s impossible to sort through. Digital filing keeps the mess off your desk. It allows you to organize your computer files, gives you flexibility to modify your filing system as you go, and provides easy search features so you can find what you're looking for, when you need it.
- Encourages collaboration: Digital documents allow for easy collaboration. Instead of printing files, marking them up, scanning, and emailing, you and colleagues can collaborate on shared digital documents in real-time.
- Saves money: A paperless office saves your business some big expenses — not just paper, but also printer ink, toner, postage, and even physical storage space.
- Promotes flexibility: With digitized files, people can work from anywhere, anytime. Plus, keeping your business’s documents on a shared drive gives everyone access to important files. For example, if a key team member is out on a big presentation day, you can still access the document they were working on.
- Ensures compliance and security: Businesses are liable for any customer information they collect, and most countries keep regulations in place to ensure security in the case of a potential breach. It can be tricky to comply with these regulations in a paper-based system; for instance, a confidential paper left out on a desk or accidentally lost can easily be accessed and stolen, posing a security threat.
Do more with your documents.
Explore how you can use digital documents to securely collaborate, sign, and share with Acrobat Sign.