The Adobe PageMaker 7.0.1 update addresses several issues discovered after PageMaker 7.0 was released.
Some of the significant resolved issues included in this release of PageMaker are listed below. For information on specific issues not listed here, search Adobe PageMaker support.
- Expert Kerning can now be applied to Type 1 fonts in PageMaker 7.0.1 running on Microsoft Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000.
- PageMaker 7.0.1 no longer shuts down while choosing "Display Master items" if the master page contains a text frame with text wrap applied.
- PageMaker 7.0.1 does not shut down if an Adobe Table File is inserted in the publication.
- OpenType Pro fonts no longer cause display problems in PageMaker 7.0.1 running on Windows operating systems.
- PageMaker 7.0.1 no longer shuts down when making changes to stories in multiple documents using the Utilities > Change feature.
- PageMaker 6.5 library files can now be opened in PageMaker 7.0.1 without returning an error.
Save for Service Provider:
- PageMaker 7.0.1 now includes the report file when packaging on Windows operating systems.
- OpenType fonts are now packaged properly in PageMaker 7.0.1 running on Windows operating systems.
- PageMaker 7.0.1 does not shut down when the notes included in a package contain a large amount of text.
- PageMaker 7.0.1 does not shut down when packaging documents that contain an image on a master page.
- Save for Service Provider can now preflight an Adobe PostScript file generated by PageMaker 7.0 and later on Windows operating systems.
Converter for Microsoft Publisher and QuarkXPress:
- Microsoft Publisher 2002 files saved in Microsoft Publisher 2000 format are now converted properly using the Converter for Microsoft Publisher/QuarkXPress.
- The message "Cannot go to page" does not appear in PageMaker 7.0.1 when attempting to change pages in a document containing images that was converted from QuarkXPress to PageMaker across platforms.
- The error message "This application requires a 486 CPU Processor or higher, with a minimum of 8 MB of RAM to run" no longer appears when launching the Converter for Microsoft Publisher and QuarkXPress on a machine with an Intel Pentium 4 processor installed.
- PageMaker 7.0.1 does not shut down when exporting a PDF file to a path made up of more than 98 characters on Windows operating systems.
- PageMaker 7.0.1 files containing underlined TrueType text now retain the underlines when the file is exporting to PDF.
- The error message "Cannot find the AcrobatPPD. The plug-in requires the AcrobatPPD and is unable to continue" no longer occurs when exporting a PDF file from PageMaker 7.0.1 with "Display PPD name" selected in preferences.
Microsoft Word/RTF/Excel and text:
- Styled text imports without adding additional characters in PageMaker 7.0.1.
- Special characters now import correctly from Microsoft Word into PageMaker 7.0.1.
- Soft returns in Microsoft Word files no longer display as hard returns in the story editor in PageMaker 7.0.1.
- PageMaker 7.0.1 only imports the Microsoft Excel cells selected by the user during the initial import when the link is updated.
- When you print to a PostScript printer or export to Adobe PDF from Adobe PageMaker 7.0.1, the Euro character is no longer substituted with a bullet.
- PageMaker 7.0.1 will remember the location of library images stored locally instead of prompting the user for the location of each image when it is dragged from the Picture palette.
To review a more detailed summary of fixes and enhancements, see www.adobe.com/support/pdfs/pm7_0_1correctifs.pdf.
|Proceed to Download|
Refer to the current system requirements for PageMaker 7.0.
After downloading a ".exe" file in Windows, double-click on the ".exe" file to access the file's contents.
Need help with downloading? See our Downloading Help documents.
1. After you double-click the "pm701fr.exe" file, follow the on-screen installation instructions.
2. After completing installation of the PageMaker 7.0.1 update, restart your computer.
This update is for the French-language version of Adobe PageMaker 7.0 only.
By using software of Adobe Systems Incorporated or its subsidiaries ("Adobe"), you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with such terms and conditions, do not use the software. The terms of an end-user license agreement accompanying a particular software file upon installation or download of the software shall supersede the terms presented below.
The export and re-export of Adobe software products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations and such software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. In addition, Adobe software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders, the Entity List, or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By downloading or using an Adobe software product you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or any country to which the United States embargoes goods and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders, the Entity List, or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
If the software is designed for use with an application software product (the "Host Application") published by Adobe, Adobe grants you a nonexclusive license to use such software with the Host Application only, provided you possess a valid license from Adobe for the Host Application. Except as set forth below, such software is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the End-User License Agreement from Adobe governing your use of the Host Application.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.