The Adobe Photoshop 9.0.2 update fixes a number of problems discovered after Photoshop CS2 (9.0) was released. The Photoshop 9.0.2 update includes all the fixes contained in the earlier Photoshop 9.0.1 update. Therefore it is not necessary to apply the 9.0.1 update prior to running the 9.0.2 update on Photoshop CS2. [Note: If you previously downloaded and installed an earlier version of the 9.0.2 update and are using a version of Mac OS X prior to 10.4.x, please see the Additional Notes below.]
The most significant fixes in the 9.0.2 release include the following:
- Photoshop no longer crashes when encountering unsupported file types through the Acrobat TouchUp workflow.
- Supported files that incorrectly produced an "unsupported color space" message now open as expected.
- TIFF files with layer data greater than 2GB in size now open correctly.
- A printing issue that could cause banding when using ink jet printers with Mac OS X v.10.4 has been resolved.
The most significant fixes in the 9.0.1 release (also included in the 9.0.2 update) include the following:
- Photoshop no longer hangs for several seconds when using painting tools with quick strokes.
- A program error that could appear when mousing over a high-res doc with the Brush tool has been fixed.
- Documents containing a large number of text layers now open more quickly.
- An error that could cause a crash on launch, or when opening or saving a file, has been addressed.
- TIFF files from certain scanners can now be opened correctly.
- After editing an image in Photoshop CS2 via Acrobat TouchUp, the image no longer gets repositioned.
- XMP metadata from AI and PDF files is now retained in Photoshop.
- Slow performance when toggling layer visibility has been fixed.
- Info palette numbers now display and update when moving a curve point in Curves via the cursor keys.
- Problems opening certain TIFF and PSB files greater than 2GB in size have been resolved.
- The Merge to HDR command now functions properly when using high-ASCII characters in user login.
|Version||CS2 - International|
|Proceed to Download|
- Adobe Photoshop CS2 Korean. Note: This update is not compatible with other language versions of Photoshop CS2. Updates for other language versions will be available separately.
- Mac OS X v.10.2.8
To install the Photoshop 9.0.2 update:
1. Disable all virus protection software.
2. Ensure that the folder on your hard drive containing Photoshop is named "Adobe Photoshop CS2."
3. Double-click the "Adobe Photoshop Updater" application. If the updater reports that it cannot find the application to update, uninstall Photoshop CS2, reinstall the application (using the default folder name "Adobe Photoshop CS2"), and then run the updater.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions.
This 9.0.2 update replaces an earlier version that was briefly distributed via the Adobe Update Manager. This revised update addresses an issue discovered in the earlier release that could cause a crash when printing on systems running Mac OS X v.10.2.x or 10.3.x. If you previously installed the earlier 9.0.2 update and are affected by that issue, please reinstall Photoshop CS2, and then apply this update. If you are running Mac OS X v.10.4 or later, there is no need to reinstall and apply the update.
1. Quit Photoshop CS2.
2. Move any personal files that you want to save from the Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS2 folder.
3. Delete the Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS2 folders and its contents.
4. Empty the trash.
5. Run the Photoshop CS2 installer.
6. Run the Photoshop 9.0.2 update.
This updater will update only the retail version of Adobe Photoshop CS2 software and not any prerelease (beta) versions. To confirm that the updater has run successfully, launch Photoshop and verify that the version number on the splash screen shows 9.0.2 and not 9.0 or 9.0.1. If it does not show 9.0.2, you may not have a retail version. Contact your local Adobe retailer or visit www.adobe.com to purchase one.
By using software of Adobe Systems Incorporated or its subsidiaries ("Adobe"); you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with such terms and conditions; do not use the software. The terms of an end user license agreement accompanying a particular software file upon installation or download of the software shall supersede the terms presented below.
The export and re-export of Adobe software products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations and such software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. In addition; Adobe software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By downloading or using an Adobe software product you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
If the software is designed for use with an application software product (the "Host Application") published by Adobe; Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use such software with the Host Application only; provided you possess a valid license from Adobe for the Host Application. Except as set forth below; such software is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement from Adobe governing your use of the Host Application.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE; EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; INCLUDING; WITHOUT LIMITATION; ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; MERCHANTABILITY; MERCHANTABLE QUALITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE; INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; OR ANY DIRECT; INDIRECT; SPECIAL; INCIDENTAL; OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT; TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE); STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE; EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.