The Super Preferences plug-in (Super Prefs) enables you to
- reduce the maximum number of documents open at a time;
- specify that Exchange should always remain the topmost window on your desktop;
- automatically reopen documents that were open the last time you ran Exchange;
- rotate pages 180 degrees in one step;
- automatically remove bookmarks that point to pages you are deleting;
- create and modify a list of frequently used documents;
- automatically tile documents when they are opened.
|Proceed to Download|
Adobe Acrobat Exchange 3.0 or later for Windows
Microsoft Windows 3.1x
After downloading a ".exe" file in Windows, double-click on the ".exe" file to access the file's contents.
Need help with downloading? See our Downloading Help documents.
1. Quit all Adobe Acrobat applications.
2. Move the Supprefs.api file to the Plug-Ins folder in the Exchange folder.
The Super Prefs plug-in is provided as-is and no technical support is available for it.
The Super Prefs plug-in includes the functionality of the AutoClose plug-in. Therefore, you do not need the Super Prefs plug-in and the AutoClose plug-in installed at the same time, and you may remove the AutoClose plug-in when the Super Prefs plug-in is installed.
To set options in the Super Prefs plug-in, choose File > Preferences > Super Preferences.
Using the Super Preferences dialog box:
- File Open Behavior: You can have up to nine documents open at the same time in Exchange 3.0 and later. When you attempt to open a tenth document, Exchange automatically closes the least recently opened document. The Super Prefs plug-in for Exchange enables you to reduce the maximum number of documents open at a time. Choose Default Behavior to specify a maximum number of nine documents open at a time. Or choose Number of Docs Open and specify a number of documents from 1 to 9 open at a time.
- Acrobat Always On Top: When this option is selected, Exchange will always remain the topmost window on your desktop.
- AutoSave Currently Open Docs: When this option is selected, Exchange will automatically reopen documents that were open the last time you ran Exchange. You must quit and restart Exchange before this option takes effect. Document window positions are saved unless the Auto Tiling feature (below) is on.
- Replace Rotate Dialog: When this option is selected, Exchange's standard Rotate dialog is replaced with a new Rotate dialog that enables you to rotate pages 180 degrees in one step. You must quit and restart Exchange before this option takes effect.
- Remove Bookmarks That Point To Deleted Pages: When this option is selected, Exchange will automatically remove bookmarks that point to pages you are deleting. This feature does not search for such bookmarks and delete them -- it only works when pages are being deleted.
- Hot List: This feature enables you to create and modify a list of frequently used documents. You can specify whether the list shows the path to your documents or the Title of your documents (as set in the File > Document Info > General dialog box). You can also specify the number of documents (from 1 to 50) that appear in the list. To add a document to the list, open the document, then choose Hot List > Add Doc To Hot List. To delete a document from the list, choose Hot List > Delete Doc From Hot List, then choose the document path or title to delete. To open a document in the list, choose Hot List, then choose the path or title of the document. The Hot List menu appears in Exchange when the Super Prefs plug-in is installed.
- Auto Tiling: When the Enable Auto Tiling option is selected, Exchange will automatically tile documents as they are opened. You can specify whether documents will open tiled horizontally, tiled vertically, or cascaded. Choose Tile Horizontally to open documents horizontally tiled. Choose Tile Vertically to open documents vertically tiled. Choose Cascade to open documents stacked and cascading from the top left to the bottom right of the screen. This option takes effect immediately and autotiles all currently open documents.
By using software of Adobe Systems Incorporated or its subsidiaries ("Adobe"); you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with such terms and conditions; do not use the software. The terms of an end user license agreement accompanying a particular software file upon installation or download of the software shall supersede the terms presented below.
The export and re-export of Adobe software products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations and such software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. In addition; Adobe software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By downloading or using an Adobe software product you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
If the software is designed for use with an application software product (the "Host Application") published by Adobe; Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use such software with the Host Application only; provided you possess a valid license from Adobe for the Host Application. Except as set forth below; such software is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement from Adobe governing your use of the Host Application.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE; EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; INCLUDING; WITHOUT LIMITATION; ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; MERCHANTABILITY; MERCHANTABLE QUALITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE; INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; OR ANY DIRECT; INDIRECT; SPECIAL; INCIDENTAL; OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT; TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE); STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE; EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.