By downloading this update, you will be able to update Illustrator 8.0 to Illustrator 8.0.1 in the language and operating system specified. The purpose of this update is to correct the following issues found in Illustrator 8.0 after its release.
Changes in Illustrator 8.0.1:
- In Windows, EMF export to Microsoft Office has been improved for patterns and strokes. See "Importing Artwork into Microsoft Applications" in the application ReadMe file for more information.
- Large placed or linked EPS files do not retain memory after being deleted.
- CMYK files exported in the Photoshop(R) file format now maintain the CMYK color definitions.
- Illustrator Preferences file now can be saved on Windows NT(R) NTFS-formatted volumes.
- DXF files now can be scaled correctly. (See "DXF Scaling" in the application ReadMe file for the required steps.)
- Brush libraries and templates now can be used properly in Windows NT.
- Hidden layers no longer revert to non-printing when saved with Illustrator 7 compatibility and re-opened in Illustrator 8.0.x. (See "Printing and Visibility Options when Saving as Illustrator 7.0" in the application ReadMe file for more information.)
- Colorized 1-bit TIFF images now can be set to overprint correctly.
- The overprint attribute is now retained for gradients when the object stack contains an object painted with process white.
- Partially selected anchor points now can be moved by double-clicking the direct select tool.
- Save As PDF is improved to ensure compatibility with Acrobat(R) 4.0.
- The Avenza MAPublisher 3.0 plug-in is supported.
- Saving an EPS file as Illustrator 5.5J-compatible and placing the file in QuarkXpress to print no longer causes a PostScript error.
Please refer to the ReadMe document installed with the Illustrator 8.0.1 update for more detailed information on Illustrator 8.0.1.
|Proceed to Download|
Adobe Illustrator 8.0 for Windows 95 or Windows NT 4.0 (Japanese language versions only)
Need help with downloading? See our Downloading Help documents.
To update Adobe Illustrator 8.0 to version 8.0.1:
1. Disable all virus-protection software.
2. Make sure the names of all your directories and subdirectories have not been changed since you installed Adobe Illustrator 8.0. If this is not the case, back up any Illustrator files you created, then reinstall Adobe Illustrator 8.0 before running the Update.
3. Double-click the Illustrator 8.0.1 ÉAÉbÉvÉfÅ[Ég installer.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions. You may reenable your virus-protection software after the installation is complete.
This update is only for the Japanese language version of Adobe Illustrator 8.0 for Windows. If you have a different language version of Adobe Illustrator 8.0 for Windows, check the Adobe Web site regularly at http://www.adobe.com/ to determine whether this update is available for your language version.
By using software of Adobe Systems Incorporated or its subsidiaries ("Adobe"); you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with such terms and conditions; do not use the software. The terms of an end user license agreement accompanying a particular software file upon installation or download of the software shall supersede the terms presented below.
The export and re-export of Adobe software products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations and such software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. In addition; Adobe software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By downloading or using an Adobe software product you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
If the software is designed for use with an application software product (the "Host Application") published by Adobe; Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use such software with the Host Application only; provided you possess a valid license from Adobe for the Host Application. Except as set forth below; such software is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement from Adobe governing your use of the Host Application.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE; EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; INCLUDING; WITHOUT LIMITATION; ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; MERCHANTABILITY; MERCHANTABLE QUALITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE; INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; OR ANY DIRECT; INDIRECT; SPECIAL; INCIDENTAL; OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT; TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE); STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE; EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.