The Adobe GoLive 4.0.1 Update fixes several problems that occur with Adobe GoLive 4.0. GoLive 4.0.1 delivers improved overall stability and usability, especially with Mac OS 8.6. The functionality and feature-set of the application has not changed.
This update will only update GoLive 4.0 to 4.01. It will not work with any previous version of GoLive CyberStudio.
The changes in GoLive 4.0.1 are:
- The default setting in the Color picker palette is changed from "%" to RGB, which is the Photoshop- and Illustrator-compliant color representation.
- Automatic insertion of "mailto:" before e-mail addresses in hyperlinks works properly.
- The "Wipe Transition" Action works properly in Internet Explorer 5.
- Problems with background images in floating boxes (which can cause GoLive to crash after you switch to another application) are fixed.
- When connected to FTP servers, Adobe GoLive no longer sends the "MDTM" (modification date & time) command. This avoids problems with servers that do not support the MDTM command. Note that this might reduce accuracy in synchronizing file dates between your local site and the site on the FTP server.
- In the META Keywords Inspector, the Update and Delete button are auto-enabled to ease editing.
- When moving your site to a different directory, and then opening and editing pages using components, items placed in those components keep their correct IDs.
- Possible problems with multiple "Button Image" CyberObjects are fixed.
- Crashes caused by the font problem with OS 8.6, especially when handling PDF files in Adobe GoLive, are fixed.
- In GoLive 4.0, importing a folder to a site at the root level of a volume may cause GoLive to put the ".data" folder in the wrong place, which could lead to crashes. This has been fixed; an error message will now appear.
- "Navigation Services" are turned off by default (see "General:Display" in "Preferences"), as they might slow down GoLive performance.
- The preference to auto-generate "LowSource" images ("General:Image") is turned off by default and works properly.
- When moving an "OnCall"-triggered Action within a head section, the action keeps its custom name so references can no longer get lost.
- When using URL Popups in components, the link warnings work properly.
- The "Daily Image URL" Action which is included in the "Actions Plus" package is fixed.
|Proceed to Download|
Adobe GoLive 4.0 for Mac OS (U.S. English versions only)
GoLive 4.0.1 updates all existing folders except for the Modules folder. In this case it makes a backup copy of the Modules folder. See Additional Notes for details.
To update Adobe GoLive 4.0 to version 4.0.1:
1. Double-click the GoLive 4.0 - 4.0.1 Update installer.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
After updating to GoLive 4.0.1, you will need to copy any custom files from the "Backup of 4.0 Modules" folder into the new "Modules" folder. This includes the following:
- Any custom files from the "Backup of 4.0 Modules" folder.
- The "Personal.DIC" file into the "Modules:Dictionaries" folder if you added any words to the dictionary.
- The Adobe GoLive Palette file. This is the file representing the Custom tab of the Palette. This file will exist only if you've stored objects in the Custom tab.
- Any custom or third-party Actions into the "Modules:Jscripts:Actions" folder. This includes the "Actions Plus 1.0" folder if you installed it.
- Copy files from the Web Database folder-if you made modifications to the Web Database.
- Files from the Text Macros folder-if you made any changes.
- The "Daily Image URL" action in the "Actions Plus 1.0" folder has been updated. Copy the "Daily Image URL" action from the "Actions Plus Update 1.0.1" folder into the "Actions Plus 1.0" folder. This will replace the old version of the "Daily Image URL" action.
We recommend saving the "Backup of 4.0 Modules" folder to make sure that you can restore personal files/data as described above.
If you have a version of GoLive CyberStudio earlier than version 4.0, you may purchase an upgrade either from your local computer retail store or from Adobe OnLine at http://www.adobe.com/purchase/main.html#download
By using software of Adobe Systems Incorporated or its subsidiaries ("Adobe"); you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with such terms and conditions; do not use the software. The terms of an end user license agreement accompanying a particular software file upon installation or download of the software shall supersede the terms presented below.
The export and re-export of Adobe software products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations and such software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. In addition; Adobe software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By downloading or using an Adobe software product you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
If the software is designed for use with an application software product (the "Host Application") published by Adobe; Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use such software with the Host Application only; provided you possess a valid license from Adobe for the Host Application. Except as set forth below; such software is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement from Adobe governing your use of the Host Application.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE; EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; INCLUDING; WITHOUT LIMITATION; ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; MERCHANTABILITY; MERCHANTABLE QUALITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE; INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; OR ANY DIRECT; INDIRECT; SPECIAL; INCIDENTAL; OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT; TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE); STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE; EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.