Adobe Acrobat 4.05 Update 1 resolves the following problems in Acrobat 4.05, Acrobat Business Tools 4.0, and Acrobat Reader 4.05 for Windows:
Note: Adobe recommends that you download and install this update only if you experience one or more of these problems. If you do not experience these problems, you do not need the update.
- Incomplete FDF (Form Data Format) data sent in Internet Explorer after a post
- Errors when using the Touch Up tool on some Adobe PDF files created by Adobe InDesign
- Crashing if new Kodak *.dll files had been installed
- Crashing upon startup if the Text-to-Speech function is enabled
- Errors when clicking a Web link in an Adobe PDF file to view in Netscape Navigator
- Errors with Administrator versus User privileges using WebBuy and read-only media
- Permissions for folder in \WinNT\Profiles\All Users is changed to All
- Error, "Insufficient Memory," in Adobe PDFWriter when the Compression or Font tab is selected (Windows 2000 only)
|Product||Acrobat Business Tools|
|Proceed to Download|
Adobe Acrobat 4.05a (any language version) or Acrobat Business Tools 4.0 (any language version) or Acrobat Reader 4.05 (any language version) for Windows
After downloading a ".exe" file in Windows, double-click on the ".exe" file to access the file's contents.
Need help with downloading? See our Downloading Help documents.
1. If you use Windows NT or Windows 2000, log in as Administrator.
2. Double-click the Acrobat 4.0.5 Update 1 file.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Update 1 is not for use with Acrobat 4.0 or earlier versions. The English version of Acrobat Reader 4.05b already contains the update components. If you install the update for use with Acrobat 4.05b, it will have no effect.
Update 1 also installs the English version of the Web Buy plug-in and its associated files. This plug-in enables you to acquire and open Acrobat Web Buy PDF files. To learn more about Web Buy, see the Adobe Web site at www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/webbuy/main.html.
To verify that Update 1 installed successfully:
- For Acrobat 4.05a and Acrobat Business Tools 4.0, start Acrobat and choose Help > About Acrobat or Help > About Acrobat Business Tools. "Acrobat 4.05 Update 1" should appear in the lower left corner of the screen.
- For Acrobat Reader 4.05, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Acrobat Reader application folder (e.g., C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat Reader). Locate and right-click the Webbuy.api file, and then choose Properties from the pop-up menu. Update 1 installs version 4.08 of the Webbuy.api file; Acrobat 4.05 installs version 4.05.
By using software of Adobe Systems Incorporated or its subsidiaries ("Adobe"); you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree with such terms and conditions; do not use the software. The terms of an end user license agreement accompanying a particular software file upon installation or download of the software shall supersede the terms presented below.
The export and re-export of Adobe software products are controlled by the United States Export Administration Regulations and such software may not be exported or re-exported to Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods. In addition; Adobe software may not be distributed to persons on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
By downloading or using an Adobe software product you are certifying that you are not a national of Cuba; Iran; Iraq; Libya; North Korea; Sudan; or Syria or any country to which the United States embargoes goods and that you are not a person on the Table of Denial Orders; the Entity List; or the List of Specially Designated Nationals.
If the software is designed for use with an application software product (the "Host Application") published by Adobe; Adobe grants you a non-exclusive license to use such software with the Host Application only; provided you possess a valid license from Adobe for the Host Application. Except as set forth below; such software is licensed to you subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement from Adobe governing your use of the Host Application.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU AGREE THAT ADOBE HAS MADE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES TO YOU REGARDING THE SOFTWARE AND THAT THE SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ADOBE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE; EXPRESS OR IMPLIED; INCLUDING; WITHOUT LIMITATION; ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; MERCHANTABILITY; MERCHANTABLE QUALITY OR NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; so the above limitations may not apply to you.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL ADOBE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF USE; INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; OR ANY DIRECT; INDIRECT; SPECIAL; INCIDENTAL; OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT; TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE); STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE; EVEN IF ADOBE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.