· How does Adobe spark innovation by paying people to fail? Check out this article from Fortune.com.
· A new generation of the best of the best were recently honored with our Inaugural Adobe Research Women-in-Technology Scholarships and Adobe Research Fellowships. Read the article here.
· The Adobe/Rochester Method Leads the Competition for Best Computer Generated Captions. Read the article here.
· Adobe harnesses AI to organize your photos for you. Read the article here.
· Adobe Research had 5 papers published at SIGGRAPH 2015.
· There were 6 Adobe Research papers published at ICML 2015.
· There were 3 Adobe Research papers presented at IJCAI 2015.
· Every summer, dozens of interns arrive at Adobe offices around the world. Check out the stories of two interns from Adobe Research. Please visit: http://blogs.adobe.com/adobelife/2015/06/24/journey-to-adobe-intern-spotlight/
· Adobe Research had 11 papers published at CVPR 2015.
· Character Animator was demonstrated at NAB 2015. It is the result of a collaborative effort between Adobe’s Advanced Product Development Group and the Creative Technologies Lab in Adobe Research. Read the behind-the-scenes story here: http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2015/06/bringing-animation-to-life.html
· Take a closer look at how Kalyan Sunkavalli, a research scientist in Adobe’s Imagination Lab, makes rapid exploration of a space intuitive and fun. Please visit: http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2015/03/imagination-in-three-dimensions.html
· The DataTone project is a cross-lab initiative between the Creative Technologies Lab and the Imagination Lab in Adobe Research. Check out the story here: http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2015/03/datatone.html
Mohammad Ghavamzadeh is organizing a workshop on "Sequential Decision-Making with Big Data" at the 28th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-2014). For more information, please visit: https://sites.google.com/site/decisionmakingbigdata/
Additionally, Mohammad will serve as an Area Chair at the 28th Annual Conference on Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems - NIPS-2014.
Upcoming Workshop - ICML 2014
Technical Publications - CVPR 2014
Ian Sachs has been awarded the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Technical Achievement Award for his contributions to the development of the "Plume" technology (Industrial Light and Magic), a volumetric simulation and rendering tool that has been used in almost 20+ feature films since its original invention in 2009. Read the press release.
Adobe Research in the News
Adobe Research in the Research Community
Adobe Research is sponsoring the Berkeley Vision and Learning Consortium this year.
Adobe Research is contributing to the SIGGRAPH Papers Committee through the participation of Eli Shechtman, Dan Goldman, Aseem Agarwala, Floraine Berthouzoz, Wilmot Li and Aaron Hertzmann. Sylvain Paris is also participating in the paper sort. In addition, several of the other committee members are Adobe Research alumni: Adrien Bousseau (former intern), Elmar Eisemann (former intern), Adam Finkelstein (former visiting professor), Seungyong Lee (former visiting professor), Wojciech Matusik (former CTL Senior Researcher), Maks Ovsjanikov (former intern), and Szymon Rusinkiewicz (former visiting professor).
1) Best Student Paper Award at Interspeech (Francois Germain, Dennis Sun, and Gautham Mysore)
2) Best Student Paper Award at ISMIR (Dawn Liang, Matt Hoffman and Daniel Ellis)
3) Best Student Paper Award at ICASSP (Minjie Kim and Paris Smaragdis)
4) Gold student design competition award at AES (Nick Bryan and Gautham Mysore)
Adobe Researchers Vishy Swaminathan, Saayan Mitra and Sheng Wei received the top 10% award for their paper, "Designing a Universal Format for Encrypted Media" - in IEEE Intl. Workshop on Multimedia Signam Processing (MMSP) 2013, Sardinia, Italy.
This award is granted to as many as 10% of the total paper submissions.
Invited Journal Paper
Vishy Swaminathan published an invited paper in a special issue of the ACM TOMCCAP journal, issued to commemorate 20 years of the ACM International Conference on Multimedia. The special issue had 17 articles from academia and industry on the last 20 years of work.
Published paper: "Are We in the Middle of a Video Streaming Revolution?" by Vishy Swaminathan in ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications and Applications (TOMCCAP) - Special Sections on the 20th Anniversary of ACM International Conference on Multimedia, Volume 9 issue 1s, October 2013.
Adobe Research is currently offering internships and hiring for full-time positions. We are looking for PhD researchers who are excited about pushing the state of the art in audio, graphics, vision, human-computer interaction, machine learning, visualization, analytics, optimization and more. We are currently recruiting, and we would love to hear from you!
Our researchers collaborate with top faculty and PhD students from universities around the world. By proactively engaging with thought leaders, Adobe contributes to and benefits from advances in the broader research community.