What is Premiere Elements 2018 and who is it for?
Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 is video editing software used by anyone who wants to turn their video clips into amazing movies. It offers hassle-free organization, automated options and step-by step guidance for editing, and easy ways to make and share stunning video creations and movies. Learn more.
Can I use Premiere Elements on more than one machine?
You can install Premiere Elements on two computers, but you can only use one copy of the software at a time. If your computer crashes or you switch to using a different computer, you can reinstall the product without having to contact Adobe Customer Support.
What’s the difference between Adobe Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements?
- Premiere Elements is designed for people who take lots of videos and want to easily organize them, make them look great, turn them into polished movies, and share with family and friends.
- Photoshop Elements is designed for people who take lots of photos and want to automatically organize them, make them look great, create with them, and print and share with family and friends.
- Both apps share a common Organizer for easy access to all photos and videos.
- They’re sold separately or bundled together as Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements.
What's the difference between Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro?
Premiere Elements offers options for every level of user with Quick, Guided, and Expert modes, so it’s easy for beginner video enthusiasts to get started making great-looking movies. Premiere Pro provides the ultimate toolset for professional video production.
I use free video editing software. Why should I consider Premiere Elements 2018?
Most free video editors offer a limited set of editing tools. Premiere Elements 2018 provides you with automated video editing options for every level of user:
- Use the Organizer to easily search, find, and keep everything at your fingertips.
- Make movies your way with Quick and Expert editing modes.
- Show your style with cool, easy-to-apply effects and transitions.
- Use Guided Edits for step-by-step guidance on more advanced techniques.
- Access inspiration and tutorials from Elements Live, right within the product.
- And share your movies virtually anywhere, including YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and more.**
Should I buy Premiere Elements 2018 or the Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 2018 bundle?
If you like to take and share videos and photos, get the bundle to:
- Use a common Organizer for easy access to all your videos and photos.
- Edit and share videos and photos together in creative ways.
- Get a great value.
Where can I learn more about new features?
See the Features page for details.
What are the minimum system requirements to run Premiere
See the system requirements for more information.
Does Premiere Elements support Windows 32-bit operating systems?
No, it only supports 64-bit installations.
Where can I ask a technical or how-to question related to Premiere Elements?
Visit the Premiere Elements forums to get answers from product team members and other expert users.
You can also use the following helpful resources:
I own an older version of Premiere Elements. Can I get upgrade pricing?
Yes, we offer upgrade pricing for existing customers.
Where can I find out about volume licensing for Premiere Elements 15?
For licensing questions, visit the Adobe Volume Licensing page or contact your local Adobe sales representative.
Learning Premiere Elements
How can I get started with Premiere Elements 2018?
Check out Premiere Elements Learn & Support for all you need to get started—video and step-by-step-tutorials, Help content, and links to resources offering comprehensive product support from Adobe and our knowledgeable community.
Where can I find the manual?
* Windows only.