How can I fix colour distortions in Adobe Lightroom?
If you notice colour distortion in your shots, it’s easy to fix chromatic aberration in Adobe Lightroom without damaging the image quality. Open the cloud-based photo editor and load the images you want to amend.
1. Scroll down to Lens Correction
2. Check the Remove Chromatic Aberration box (it’s under the Colour section of the Lens Corrections panelUse the Defringe controls and sliders to find and remove any colour distortion left behind along high-contrast edges
This may do a satisfactory job of removing fringing. However, if the image requires further work, continue with these steps:
3. Click the Defringe icon under the Optics panel and use the Fringe Selector to sample the green or purple distortion
4. Use the slider to remove the fringe
5. Remove purple or green hues with the Defringe slider in the local adjustment Brush, Linear Gradient or Radial Gradient panels.
6. Depending on the type of chromatic aberration, you may need Lightroom Classic, Lightroom 4.1 or later to correct it and the colour fringing.
Video: How to remove chromatic aberration in Lightroom.