How to compress a PDF to 200kb or less.
If your file size is too large, you might have trouble sharing or saving PDFs. Learn how to compress a PDF file to 200kb or less to make it more manageable.
Offline tools to compress PDF files to below 200kb.
Even without an internet connection, it’s easy to compress files using a PDF editor like Adobe Acrobat DC. Open the file you want to compress in the editor and follow these five simple steps:
- Open the Tools center and select Optimize PDF Tool.
- Select the file you want to compress.
- Choose Reduce File Size in the top menu.
- Select your options and file version compatibility.
- Rename and save your file.
If your original PDF is massive, this process alone might not get you down to 200kb. But there are a few ways to compress the PDF even further by selecting a few options in the Optimize PDF Tool. You can:
- Downsample images
- Reduce image quality
- Flatten transparency
- Discard unnecessary objects
For multi-page PDFs, breaking each page into its own file is another great way to reduce the file size. Sending three 200kb files is sometimes easier than sending one big file.
Compress PDF files to 200kb online.
For those who don’t want to download software to their computer, you can also compress PDFs to 200kb online from any web browser:
- Go to the online PDF compressor website.
- Upload your file.
- Let the software do its magic.
- Download or share your compressed file.
Online PDF compressors automatically optimize file size. If the downloaded file isn’t quite the size you want, you can repeat the process to further compress the PDF to below 200kb.