How to turn Outlook emails into PDF files.
Get more out of your emails by turning them into PDFs. Learn how to print emails to PDF files directly from Outlook.
You log into your email with Outlook and notice you’ve received an important message. You urgently need to share it, but simply forwarding it won’t do. Maybe you need to add some comments or notation before sending the message forward. What should you do?
The answer is simple — turn the message into an editable and user-friendly PDF. This brief guide shows you how to convert an Outlook email to PDF with only a few clicks.
Turn your Outlook email into a PDF.
You may need to transform your Outlook emails into PDFs for a wide array of reasons. Maybe a relative shared a family recipe, and you want to have it saved to your computer as a PDF for easy access. Perhaps a co-worker emailed you feedback on a recent project and you want to save the PDF to your desktop so you can quickly take a glance at it.
While an email may be stored in Outlook, accidents happen, and items can be accidentally deleted. It’s always a great idea to have important information saved in more than one place.
To create a PDF from an Outlook email, follow these steps:
- In Outlook, select File > Print to bring up the printer dialog.
- Under printer options, select Adobe PDF as the active printer.
- Set your print settings, like page range and orientation, just as you would for a paper printer.
- Once everything looks good, select Print.
- Choose a save location and name your PDF file.
- Select OK to finalize the print.
Although this guide is written for Outlook, the PDF printer will work on any email client.
How to save multiple Outlook emails as PDFs.
You probably receive business-related emails every day. You may want to save some important conversations. You can save multiple Outlook emails as PDFs with these simple steps:
- Press shift and click to choose all messages between clicks or press control and click only the emails you want to save.
- Once your emails are selected, click File > Print.
- Choose the Adobe PDF printer option, then choose Print.
- Search for where you wish to save the messages.
- Name your new PDF file and save it.
Bring your attachments along for the ride.
Your Outlook emails may include other assets aside from the main message. In messages from family, friends, and co-workers, the attachments often include essential information. Whether it’s your latest eBook, some family photos, or a chapter from the book your friend is working on, an email attachment can also be saved as a PDF.
If you need to convert an Outlook email to PDF with attachments, you can do this by following these steps:
- Print all attachments as PDFs:
- Select the attachment icon below the message header.
- Select Attachments > Actions > Quick Print.
It works exactly like printing the email itself.
Saving important Outlook emails as well as the attachments that often come with them should not be a hassle. With Adobe Acrobat, you can easily save Outlook emails, their attachments, and many other types of documents as PDFs. Acrobat was created to streamline workflows by making editing, sharing, collaborating, and printing PDFs a breeze. Discover everything you can do with Acrobat today.