How to highlight a PDF.
Learn how to make a few lines or an entire column of text stand out on your PDF with a highlighting tool.
Even as workflows become more and more digital, there’s still a need for traditional mark-up tools — such as the ability to highlight important text. The highlighter feature allows you to translucently color text in an electronic format, just like you would with a marker on standard paper. Let's look at some quick and easy ways to use this handy tool.
Highlight your document online.
You can highlight text within your PDF from anywhere in the world with an online editor. Simply go to Adobe Acrobat online services from any web browser and follow these three easy steps:
- Select the highlighter tool from the horizontal toolbox located at the top of the PDF editor.
- Select the desired color of your highlighter tool.
- Click and drag the cursor to select the text area to highlight, releasing when you've finished.
Highlight your document with PDF software.
If you work with PDFs often — such as for business workflows — you might find it easier to work with your documents with dedicated PDF software, such as Adobe Acrobat. Here's how easy it is to highlight important text:
- Open your PDF in Acrobat.
- Click and drag the cursor to select the area of text you want to highlight.
- A small toolbox will appear above your text. Select the highlighter tool icon and it will automatically highlight your selected text.
- To modify, click on the highlighted area, and a new toolbox will appear. This toolbox allows you to add a note to the highlighted text, change the highlight's color, or remove the highlight.
In addition to highlighting your text, you can also edit, underline, and strikethrough text, as well as explore other capabilities such as converting PDFs.
See everything you can do with Acrobat to leave pens and highlighters behind and stay productive anywhere.