How to edit PDFs on a Mac.
Whether it’s for personal, business, or school-related documents, there’s an easy way to edit PDFs on a Mac and share them with your team.
Modern work may require you to be able to modify PDFs on a Mac. Working with a variety of documents – from detailed brochures to eye-catching posters – may require editing at various stages. Copy and imagery edits are not uncommon, so making them on any device, including a Mac, is essential.
With Adobe Acrobat online services, you can add those edits to the file to seamlessly communicate what needs to be added, deleted, or changed. The user-friendly commenting tools in Acrobat allow you to mark up and edit PDF documents for easier collaboration.
In this guide, you will learn:
- How to edit PDFs on a Mac.
- What kind of edits can I make?
- The benefits of editing PDFs on a Mac.
How to edit PDFs on a Mac.
Open your web browser, go to Adobe Acrobat online services, and follow these steps to make edits or collaborate with peers:
- Click Select a file.
- Navigate to the file to choose, or drag and drop into the drop zone.
- After the file uploads, sign in to use the tools to add, highlight, draw and more.
- Go to the Share menu to share the document with others via email or a link.
What kind of edits can I make?
Adobe Acrobat online services are easy to use, offering tools to highlight, underline, strikethrough, or add text. Plus, you can add sticky notes or even draw in the PDF. Your team can see where to apply changes, ensuring your project runs smoothly. You can also edit, delete, and reply to other people’s comments.
You may need to edit PDFs at the structural level. Perhaps a client has asked to rearrange pages. You can organise your pages in the online editor this way: rotating, reordering, deleting, extracting, and inserting.
The benefits of editing PDFs on a Mac.
- Cut down on paper waste. Avoid unnecessary printing and multiple copies of documents. There is no need to print out forms – filling out and signing forms is a breeze if you add text directly to your PDF.
- Easy to share. Edit and mark up projects with multiple stakeholders, and share with everyone at the click of a button, avoiding the need for multiple versions of the same document.
- Efficient collaboration. Adobe Acrobat online tools allow you to keep all comments and markups within a document for streamlined communication — and you can assign specific tasks to others to keep everyone on track.
How can I edit PDFs for free?
You can now annotate your file before sharing by adding text boxes and formatting text. The pencil tool allows you to insert sticky notes, shapes, or freehand drawings to illustrate your ideas further. After sharing, collaborators can add feedback with sticky notes, highlights, lines, and shapes. The typewriter tool also lets you add, underline, or strikethrough text. You can even make basic edits to PDFs in Preview.
Can I edit PDFs on my iPhone?
The free online PDF editor gives you access to PDFs from your web browser. It is also possible to access these tools from different operating systems, including Windows or Mac computers, iPhones with iOS, and other mobile devices.
What if I want to create my own PDF forms?
If you want a wider range of features to choose from, investing in Adobe Acrobat Pro offers complete control over PDF documents. You can create PDF forms and files, use the edit PDF functions to modify the formatting, and make room for signatures, all with intuitive tools.
Take a moment to explore everything you can do with Adobe Acrobat online services today.