How to compress PDFs on a Mac to reduce file size.
Reduce the file size of your PDF documents to make them easier to work with. Learn how to compress PDFs on a Mac by following these three simple steps.
PDF documents are easy to share and access from any type of computer. However, you might find that large PDF files are difficult to share by email. This guide will show you how easy it is to compress your large PDF documents into smaller file sizes. You’ll learn how to compress a PDF on an Apple Mac desktop or laptop by using a simple, powerful Adobe online tool.
How to compress a PDF on Mac with Preview.
Mac computers come with the Preview app already installed. In a few steps, your PDF file size can be changed:
- Go to the Preview app and open the PDF you want to compress.
- Choose File > Export.
- Do not choose Export as PDF.
- Select the Quartz Filter pop-up menu, then choose Reduce File Size.
Online PDF compressor for Mac.
- Launch Safari or any other internet browser. Navigate to the Adobe Acrobat online PDF compressor.
- Click the Select a File button and locate your PDF file. You can also simply drag and drop your document into the Compress PDF field.
- Once the compression is complete, download your compressed PDF file. The PDF compressor will also show you exactly how much it shaved off the file size.
Do your best work on your Mac with Acrobat Pro.
You can compress a single file easily with an online PDF compressor. If you need to compress multiple PDFs, though, it’s smart to use a more powerful tool. Adobe Acrobat Pro gives you everything you need to compress several PDFs — just follow these simple steps:
- Launch Acrobat Pro.
- Open the Optimize PDF tool.
- Locate your file and click Open.
- Click Reduce File Size in the top menu.
- Select appropriate compatibility settings and click OK.
- Name your file and click Save.
There are many ways to compress a PDF on a Mac to make it easier to store and share. Preview comes installed on a Mac, but documents will need to be stored on your computer. The Adobe online compression option is quick and easy, but Adobe Acrobat Pro can better assist when you have multiple PDFs to compress. Both Adobe online and Adobe Acrobat Pro were built with the intentions of meeting everyday work, life, and PDF compression needs by being as efficient as you are.
Work even more productively with your PDFs. Try Acrobat Pro and find out what more you can do. Feel free to compress a large PDF file now using the Acrobat online PDF compressor.