A guide to abstract black and white photography.
Learn about basic black and white photography concepts and more.
If you’re curious about abstract photography, this article is the perfect place to start your journey. We’ll help you explore more about this genre by providing you with some of the building blocks you might need to create interesting black and white photography.
What is abstract photography?
Abstract photography focuses on creating images using unique photographic materials, equipment, and perspectives to deliver a result that’s not immediately associated with the physical world. With a black and white focus, you take it further by removing the complexity of colors from images and art.
Tips to elevate your black and white abstract photography.
Black and white photography opens the door to even more creative freedom because it eliminates the constraints and complexities of color within an image.
Here are a few tips for taking your abstract black and white photography to new levels.
- Focus on changing your perspective when thinking about the world with out-of-the-box approaches and abstract ways.
- Make black and white images more exciting by experimenting with shades of grey.
- Explore the world of texture and light. Abstract photography lets you discover new perspectives by examining light and texture instead of subjects.
- Scale and shutter speed changes how you look at your subjects – play with motion blur, zoom in close, or take aerial shots for a new perspective on the world around you.
- Invest in the right tools. Whether this means the right lens, a seamless post-production software, or more, the right tools can enable and inspire more creativity.
Take your abstract photography skills to new levels.
A little bit of practice won’t make perfect, but it will make progress. Expedite that progress and explore how Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom can elevate your abstract black and white photography today.