How to make a GIF from photos.
In this article, you’ll learn how to turn your pictures into an animated GIF using five simple steps.
GIFs are a fun way to show off your images — they’re also great additions to digital marketing strategies. But how exactly do you make a GIF? We’re here to help in just a few, easy-to-follow steps.
What is a GIF?
A GIF is an animated image made up of a series or loop of photos to tell a story or create a time-lapse animation. GIF images can be taken on point-and-shoot cameras, phones, and even DSLRs. Then, using the right software, the images can be turned into GIFs.
How to make a GIF.
When you use creative software like Photoshop, GIF creation becomes an easy process. Learn how to make your first GIF by following these five simple steps.
- Upload your images to Photoshop and place each image into its own layer. Unlock your original layer.
- Open the Timeline Panel in Photoshop. Next, select Create Frame Animation.
- Convert your layers into animation frames by clicking Make Frames From Layers in the right corner of the Timeline Panel. Click Play at the bottom of the panel to preview it.
- Set your GIF to Loop by clicking the repeat menu. Select Forever at the bottom of the panel.
- Export your GIF by selecting File > Export > Save for Web. Then save your GIF in the proper folder.
The easy way to create GIFs like a professional.
Making GIFs is a breeze with Adobe Photoshop. Plus, you can discover great photography tips that offer new ideas about how to turn a good shot into a great pic for an even better GIF.
Get started today and explore everything you can do with Photoshop.