Pregnancy photoshoot ideas.
Learn tips for planning memorable mom-to-be photos, plus get some creative photoshoot ideas to inspire your next session.
A maternity photo session is a beautiful way to celebrate the pregnancy journey and capture a special moment in time. And with a little bit of planning, you can easily capture those feelings of joy and celebration, resulting in wonderful keepsakes for the mom-to-be. Keep reading to discover tips for planning your next session, plus some photoshoot ideas to spark your creativity.
When to schedule a pregnancy photoshoot.
While it’s ultimately the choice of the mom-to-be, a good time to schedule a pregnancy photoshoot is around seven or eight months. At this point, the belly has a nice round shape that looks sweet in photos.
Another option is to capture photos every month to show the progress of the pregnancy. Either way, it’s best to talk to the mom-to-be about when she feels the most confident and comfortable.
Once you both decide on the timing of the photoshoot, you can discuss themes or concepts for the big day.
Here are some creative ideas to get you started:
- Library scene with mom reading children’s books
- Photo of baby shoes with mom and partner blurred in the background
- A “Ready to Pop!” sign with mom blowing bubble gum
- Photo of holding the ultrasound images
- Spread of favorite pregnancy foods and cravings
- Silhouette portrait showcasing the “bump”
- Siblings-to-be kissing the “bump”
- Mom and partner preparing the nursery
- Dramatic landscape shoot with a flowing dress
- Mom and partner holding up baby clothing
For even more inspiration, discover additional photography tips and techniques to try out during your next session.