50+ DIY pregnancy announcement ideas you can customize in minutes
Are you struggling to figure out how to announce your pregnancy? Take a look at these free and customizable templates for your big announcement that will make you and your baby feel special and appreciated during this milestone moment. Use these caption ideas and templates to make greeting cards and print and mail them out today or go the digital route and alter them for announcements across your social media platforms.
How to announce your pregnancy FAQ:
There are enough elements connected to having a baby that can get overly complicated — announcing your pregnancy doesn’t need to be one of them. The following information can help guide your pregnancy announcement decisions and take some stress off your shoulders when engaging with loved ones around your new pregnancy.
What to put in a pregnancy announcement
Whether you’re keeping things simple or going for broke, your pregnancy announcement should include a few basic items:
- Your due date
- The baby’s name (if you’ve selected one)
- The baby’s gender (if you’ve decided to reveal it)
- Photos are optional, but sonograms and baby bump shots are very popular.
When should you announce your pregnancy on social media?
A pregnancy is a big event for the body to experience and can come with complications. For purely medical reasons, many people wait until they’ve passed through their first trimester of pregnancy before sharing their good news with the world.
Pregnant people also usually announce their pregnancy after their first ultrasound that reveals the baby’s gender and confirms the baby’s good health. You can hang onto the sonogram photo taken during the ultrasound and use it in the official pregnancy announcement.
What’s the most common week to announce a pregnancy?
Pregnancy announcements usually happen after the first trimester, which would make the 13th and 14th weeks of pregnancy the most common time to officially announce. Especially if this a first pregnancy for the person announcing, it can feel more important to wait until the pregnancy is fully confirmed by a doctor.
Do I need to do a gender reveal announcement?
You absolutely do not need to do a gender reveal announcement for your new baby. Many parents these days are waiting until the birth to find out their child’s gender or leaving that decision up to their child once they get old enough to know themselves better. You could also choose to combine the baby shower with a gender reveal party to build the suspense for your loved ones.
Funny pregnancy announcements
Babies bring laughter into our world, so why not throw a little humor into the mix when announcing a little one’s arrival? These templates and captions will bring a smile to the face of all the loved ones who receive them.
- Even miracles take a little time (and labor).
- Every superhero needs a sidekick!
- Bun in the oven! Bake at 98.6°F until (due date).
- Something’s a-brewin’ for (due date)!
- We’re going to need a bigger car!
- One of us is eating for two, and the other is drinking for two!
- Baby: 24% buffering
- “Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.” — Carrie Fisher
- Warning: Bump ahead!
- Y’all can stop asking when we’re having a baby now!
- Eating tacos for two!
- From fur mama to baby mama
- Coming to a hospital near you (due date)!
- It’s all fun and games until someone gets pregnant.
- We cooked up a family recipe!
- Looks like “Netflix & chill” went too far!
Cute pregnancy announcements
Obviously, all babies are cute. But now you can mirror the cuteness of an impending babe with these sweet pregnancy announcements and captions that utilize soft colors and illustrations to show off the big news.
- Welcoming our little one on (due date).
- Being pregnant means every day is another day closer to meeting the love of my life.
- First came love, then came you.
- We can’t wait to meet our new addition on (due date)!
- We’re adding a new little pumpkin to our patch!
- Cat’s out of the bag! We’re expecting on (due date).
- We’ve been cooking something up!
- “A new baby is probably, undoubtedly the grandest gift that could ever be.” — Winnie the Pooh
- Our kids are getting a new bestie!
- The best things in life are unexpected.
- The best thing to come out of (due date year)!
- Joining the party this (due date season)!
- We made a wish, and it came true! Baby coming (due date)
- Baby shark! Due due due due due due (due date)
Minimalist pregnancy announcements
Designing a pregnancy announcement that best represents your own style doesn’t have to be complicated. Customize these captions and templates to show off your classic taste while announcing your new baby.
- You + me = three
- And baby makes three.
- Baby on the way!
- Here we grow again!
- And then there were four.
- Let the countdown begin!
- Baby on board!
- Oh, baby! (due date)
- We can’t wait to meet you!
- Fully baked: (due date)
- Dreams do come true!
Creative pregnancy announcements
- An adventure is about to begin!
- Do not open until (due date).
- We’re on the ride of our lives!
- Coming in for a landing on (due date).
- Roses are red, violets are blue, on (due date) our new baby is due!
- “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” — Mary Mason
- Our family is expanding by two feet on (due date).
- We just decided we were tired of sleeping in and doing what we wanted all the time.
- Surf’s up! Beach baby arriving in (due date month).
- Have you heard the buzz? A little ba-bee is on the way!
Explore more free Adobe Express customizable templates for pregnancy announcements
Announce your baby’s existence and impending arrival with these free and customizable Adobe Express templates that can be used for a variety of pregnancy announcements and social media content that will make your special day even better.