Adobe Sustainability Policy
Updated June 2023
At Adobe, we believe that we have an obligation — to our employees, our communities, our investors, our customers, our partners and the environment — to operate our business sustainably. Our management is responsible for enabling employees to contribute to our environmental objectives and to implement this policy.
We have a unique responsibility to enable sustainability across industries through our products, operations and advocacy. Our commitment to sustainability has been a priority since Adobe’s inception and this commitment is embedded in our Code of Business Conduct. Our sustainability principles guide our actions for continual improvement:
- We enable our customers to be more sustainable through their use of our products.
- We design and build the most sustainable, innovative and healthy workspaces for our employees.
- We reduce operational costs and increase productivity through our sustainability initiatives.
- We foster a culture of involvement in sustainability through employee engagement.
- We protect and enhance our reputation through responsible business practices.
Specifically, Adobe will:
- Continue to lead in digital innovation that helps customers reimagine design, marketing and business processes, moving from traditional resources and travel intensive ways of working to more sustainable practices.
- Commit to ongoing collaborations and investment to increase the environmental sustainability of our business operations, facilities and data centres.
- Partner with suppliers who share our commitment to operating sustainably.
- Work with our customers, peers, industry associations and partners to use the power of all our brands to affect policy change and advocate for sustainability activities that are in line with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
- Raise internal and external stakeholders’ awareness through ongoing engagement and education opportunities.
- Drive towards fuller transparency in our sustainability efforts and performance by reporting our environmental impacts in our Corporate Social Responsibility Report, to CDP and other disclosure plug sockets using international reporting frameworks as guidance.
- Strive to achieve sustainability targets focused on material environmental areas:
- 100% renewable electricity by 2025
- Net zero by 2050
- Science-based targets that are aligned with the 1.5°C scenario:
- 35% reduction in Scope 1 & 2 emissions by 2025
- 30% reduction in emissions from business travel by 2025
- 55% supplier spend directed to those with Science Based Targets by 2025
- 90% global waste diversion rate annually through a combination of waste reduction, composting, reuse and responsible recycling
- 25% reduction in global water usage per full time employee by 2025
- 80% of Adobe buildings, by square footage, are LEED or green building certified
Adobe employees, vendors and visitors have a legal duty to ensure that all country-appropriate environmental laws and regulations are met.
All Adobe personnel, including any regular employee, Adobe-paid temporary employee, contingent worker (including agency temporary employees, independent contractors and vendor employees) and intern of an Adobe group company, are expected to comply with this policy. This Sustainability Policy has ultimate lineage to Adobe’s Code of Business Conduct as well as from all Board and senior level management policy. Adobe’s Sustainability Leadership Council has oversight of the implementation of this policy.
This policy has been reviewed and approved by the Director of Corporate Social Responsibility for Adobe.