SMART goals template ideas for your personal framework.
Enhance business goals by creating a SMART goals template designed to help you set objectives and measure success.
You may have some goals in mind for your business, but ensuring they are realistic and clear about timelines will help you stick to a plan and know how to prepare. Read on to learn how to create a SMART goal template that will pave the path to success for your business.
What is the SMART goal framework?
A SMART goal is a clearly defined goal that describes all expectations and creates a measurable scale to determine success. It is often combined with maintenance and growth goals.
SMART is an acronym that stands for:
- Specific. This answers the questions “who” and “what.”
- Measurable. Can you measure success? This answers the “how” question.
- Attainable. SMART goals are realistic and achievable within a reasonable time frame.
- Relevant. Ensure the goals and overall direction are aligned with other tasks and projects.
- Time-oriented. Include a clear time frame or final deadline.
Since they can be measured, goals that include every aspect of the SMART acronym are more likely to succeed. The timelines and specificity will also help to keep you and your team on track as you work toward your goal.
How to create a SMART goals template fillable PDF.
Whenever you set personal or business goals, it’s a good idea to have a SMART goals fillable template nearby to keep you on track. Creating goals with the SMART mentality in mind means you’re more likely to succeed.
To build your template, simply create fillable boxes for each letter of the SMART acronym. When you want to set a new goal, fill out the boxes to ensure that it is, in fact, an achievable and measurable SMART one. By familiarizing yourself with the process of auto-filling PDF forms, you can easily use a SMART goals template and maximize your efficiency in setting and tracking your objectives.
Integrating SMART goals in your business goals template.
After creating your SMART goals framework, think about how these goals will impact your overall business goals. For example, boosting website traffic by 20% by publishing sponsored content and ads could benefit a business with a strong social media presence, but if your business isn’t active on social media, the goal of boosting website traffic may not match some of your other goals. Keep the goals relevant to what is meaningful to your business specifically.
Tips on how to create a SMART goal.
You may want to create SMART goals but need help getting started.
Here are some tips to help you create SMART goals for your business.
- Specific. Try asking yourself the five “W” questions (who, what, where, when, and why?) in order to create a detailed goal.
- What do I need to do?
- Where will I meet this goal?
- When will I reach this goal?
- Who should be involved in order to achieve this goal?
- Why do I want to reach this goal?
- Measurable. Using numbers gives you an exact amount of time needed or the amount of something that will help you see how much you have progressed.
- Attainable. Your goal will require you to go out of your comfort zone. When creating it, you should take your free time, financial situation, and skills into account. If a goal seems too large, break it into smaller goals.
- Realistic. Think about the time frame and resources that are available to you. Set your goal within these boundaries to make it realistically achievable.
- Timely. Set a start and finish date for your goal. Setting a time will help you to stay on track and put in the work required to complete the goal.
A SMART goals template is a great starting point to help you meet business objectives. By creating a SMART goals template PDF, you can reuse the goals sheet over and over when new goals are created. A SMART goals PDF is a professional way to save and share your goals, as a PDF looks the same on any device and has security features in place that limit editing permissions.
Save your SMART goals PDF and share.
Once you create your template, it’s a good idea to save it as a fillable PDF. Then, you can share it with co-workers or even friends and family without worrying about formatting issues. Not only is collaboration necessary in many settings, but it’s also a great way to hold yourself accountable. Streamline the process of setting and achieving your goals by incorporating an easy e-signature software, allowing you to efficiently request electronic signatures and seamlessly fill and sign PDFs.
Explore what you can do with Adobe Acrobat to create SMART goal templates to help you find success.