How to share a PDF on Facebook Messenger.
Email isn’t the only way to share documents — learn how easy it is to send PDF files via Facebook Messenger on your desktop computer.
You probably already know that you can share photos, videos, and GIFs in Facebook Messenger, but you can even send files, too, including PDFs. This method of sharing is handy if you don’t have a recipient’s email address readily available or if you’re only connected with them through Facebook. Let’s look at how to send your PDF in just a few clicks:
Simple steps for sharing PDFs on Messenger.
- Open your Facebook account on your computer’s browser.
- Click the Messenger icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap the New Message icon to open a new dialog box and enter the name of the recipient.
- Tap More Actions, indicated by the + icon.
- Click the paper clip icon to add your attachment.
- Navigate to and select your PDF from your computer.
- Tap the Send icon or press Enter.
After you’ve sent the PDF in Facebook Messenger, recipients will be able to access the file just like an email. They can click to view it or download it directly to their computer for safekeeping. While apps like Messenger are always evolving, it’s important to note that files can currently be shared on the desktop version only.