How to create a PDF flyer template for opening day events.
Let people know about your big opening day event. Find out how to make an editable PDF template that’s easy to fill and share.
Opening days are a big deal, whether it’s for a new business, art show, event, or any other occasion. But to make the opening a success, you need to let people know it’s happening. Flyers are a tried-and-true way to inform people, but how do you make one if you’re not a graphic designer?
Don’t worry — you can easily create an editable PDF flyer template with Adobe Acrobat that you can share digitally or print out.
How to create an opening day flyer template.
- Start Acrobat. From the Tools menu, select Prepare Form.
- Select Create New to make your flyer from scratch. You can also pick Single File to import an existing digital template, or Scanner to scan a paper flyer to use as a base.
- Select Start to create your base document.
- Add permanent text — like your “Opening Day” title — to the flyer with the Add Text tool.
- Use the Add Text Field and Add Date Field tools to create locations that you can fill out later with dates and other information.
- Use the Add Image Field tool to create locations for pictures that you can add in later.
- Once you’re happy with how everything looks, select File > Save As to save your template.
Edit and share your new flyer.
Now that your template is ready, open it up, add the relevant information, and re-save it as a separate PDF for sharing or printing. If you made the event name refillable, you can also use the same template to advertise any other opening day event. Just add in the new information and you’re ready to go.