How to put together an order form.
Explore how you can create an order form template to keep your business running smoothly.
What you need to know about order forms.
- An online order form is a payment gateway that allows you to accept payment from customers.
- Order forms collect order details, payment methods, and other customer information.
- An order form builder makes it easy to create and modify your own order forms.
Keep your business in fine form.
It may seem common now, but e-commerce is still a relatively new way of doing business. The transition from face-to-face to digital interaction has shaken up the business landscape, created new opportunities to connect with customers both near and far, and opened up new revenue streams for companies that have never done business online before. But even though this shift online is nothing new, many small businesses are still perfecting their methods for taking orders through the internet.
Whether you run a bakery and want a way for customers to request a cake online or you have a construction company and you want a form that lets clients request renovation services, a form builder app can help you create a document to fit your business’s needs. It’s easier than you’d think to create and edit a simple order form to process online payments or even something more complex that uses conditional logic and notifications to guide customers through the payment process.
How do I create my own order form?
When creating a custom order form for your small business, you’ll want to include form fields to gather several crucial pieces of customer information, including:
- The customer’s name and phone number and/or email address
- The delivery address
- Payment information (such as credit card, PayPal, or e-check number)
- Product order information (quantity, pricing, model)
- Your business’s address
Once you’re ready to get to work, you’ll have a few different options for creating your new form.
How to make an order form in Adobe Acrobat.
Acrobat streamlines the form creation workflow so you can make your own order form in just a few steps:
1. Open Acrobat and create a new document, scan a paper document, or open an existing document you’ve created in Word, Google Docs, or another program, and save it as a PDF.
2. Add fillable form fields by either right-clicking and selecting the Form Field tool or by choosing fields directly from the toolbar.
3. Adjust each field’s functions by right-clicking and selecting Properties. You can use this dialog box to apply formatting rules, determine how form fields interact with one another, set up custom scripts, or make other adjustments to how your fields behave.
4. Click Preview to see how your forms look and function.
5. Save your form.
Put your form online.
If your company’s website doesn’t have an online store, you can post an order form on your website with an email address so customers can still do business with you online. Just create a separate page on the website and post your PDF there as a downloadable file that customers can download, fill out, and email to you to place their order.
Other tools to further fine-tune your form.
If you want to add new pages to your order form for special requests or to collect additional customer information, Acrobat makes it simple to merge new files into an existing PDF for easy sharing and compressing.
If you have a photograph of a paper document that you want to turn into an online form, you can quickly make the image file into a PDF using the online JPG to PDF converter. Once your image is a PDF, it’s easy to use Acrobat to add whatever other fields or functions you need.
Whether you’re just looking for a quick way to process card payments or you want to engage in more robust data collection from your clients, a good order form can yield big results for your small business.