Anniversary photoshoot ideas and tips.
Discover tips for capturing meaningful photos for couples, plus get some creative photoshoot ideas to inspire your next session.
An anniversary photoshoot is a wonderful way to pay tribute to a relationship and relive beautiful memories. As more couples opt to mark these special occasions with photos, you can help honor the day by snapping some keepsakes for your friends or family members. Or, you can even turn the camera on yourself and take fun photos of you and your partner to mark the occasion.
Let’s dive into some planning tips and anniversary photoshoot ideas that’ll help get the creative spark going.
Prep before the shoot.
The best anniversary photoshoots capture the unique personality of the couple. As you start to prepare, ask the couple about meaningful locations. Special locations not only add significance to the photo, they can also help the couple feel more comfortable.
Discuss the mood or vibe they hope the photos will convey, too. Some couples may lean toward a more romantic and sentimental photoshoot, while others may want to explore a more playful or imaginative side to their relationship.
Photoshoot ideas to try.
After discussing the locations and overall mood, you’re ready to plan the actual shoot.
Here are some creative ideas to get you started:
- Reenact engagement or wedding photos at the same location.
- Spell it out with Scrabble pieces (“ONE YEAR”) or write a chalkboard message.
- Schedule at-home sessions to capture daily rituals such as the morning coffee or cleaning up after dinner.
- Create a vintage or retro theme, such as Sixties-inspired hair and outfits.
- Pick a fun backdrop, such as an amusement park.
- Plan an evening picnic date, using candles to create the bokeh effect.
- Capture pictures in a meaningful place, such as a favorite bookstore, bar, or coffee shop.
If you want to capture your own anniversary photos, you can use these ideas too. Simply set up a tripod and use the self-timer setting on your camera.
For even more inspiration, discover additional photography tips and techniques to try.