How to start a YouTube gaming channel.
If you’ve always wanted to share your gaming knowledge and skill, a YouTube channel may be the answer. It’s not expensive, but there are a few things you will need.
The gaming industry is estimated to be worth nearly $160 billion and growing rapidly. One popular segment of the industry is YouTube gaming videos. Including walkthroughs, how-tos, and reviews, a YouTube channel is the ideal place to display your skills and knowledge.
Use the right tools and apps.
- Webcam or digital camera. A successful YouTube gaming channel includes a video feed of the host or player’s face. Building rapport with your viewers is critical, and it’s easier to do if they can see facial expressions.
- A high-quality microphone. Great voice audio will keep viewers coming back for more. Hard to hear or scratchy audio distracts your audience.
- Screen capture software. Most of what your audience wants to see is happening on your screen. Screen capture software will allow you to give them a view from the player’s perspective.
- Lighting. An investment in lighting equipment will prevent screen glare, awkward facial shadows and make your videos look professional.
- Green Screen. Unless you’re working from a professional studio, consider investing in a green screen. A green screen allows you to project a background suitable for high-quality videos.
- Appealing intro and outro. Your YouTube gaming channel should have videos with a unique intro and outro. They’re essential to your branding and should be used consistently with little modification.
The lucrative nature of gaming-themed YouTube videos attracts lots of competition. Be patient and consistently produce exciting content. Collaborate with other YouTubers, and over time your audience will grow.
Unless you’re live streaming, you’ll want the right kind of video editing tools to help you cut unnecessary footage, mix in audio, and more. Explore everything you can do with Adobe Premiere Pro to take your editing skills to the next level.