Changes in ADE 4.5.6
This update resolves a critical heap buffer overflow vulnerability that could lead to code execution, seven memory corruption vulnerabilities rated important that could lead to disclosure of memory addresses and an XML external entity processing vulnerability rated critical that could lead to information disclosure. Refer Security bulletin at https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/Digital-Editions/apsb17-27.html
If you are using the earlier version of Adobe Digital Editions, we recommend that you update to 4.5.6
Changes in ADE 4.5.5
Multiple security bug fixes for Adobe Digital Editions memory corruption vulnerability. Refer Security bulletin at https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/Digital-Editions/apsb17-20.html
Changes in ADE 4.5.4
Multiple security bug fixes for Adobe Digital Editions memory corruption vulnerability. Refer Security bulletin at https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/Digital-Editions/apsb17-05.html
Changes in ADE 4.5.3
This update resolves an important vulnerability that could result in a memory address leak, and an important XML parsing vulnerability that could lead to information disclosure. Refer Security bulletin at, https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/Digital-Editions/apsb16-45.html
Changes in ADE 4.5.2
Multiple security bug fixes for Adobe Digital Editions memory corruption vulnerability . Refer Security bulletin at https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/Digital-Editions/apsb16-28.html
Changes in ADE 4.5.1
- Security bug fix for Adobe Digital Editions memory corruption vulnerability (PSIRT 4243). Refer Security bulletin at https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/Digital-Editions/apsb16-06.html
- New UI refinements
- Localization support in additional 6 languages (JA,IT,KO,ES,FR & DE) for iOS and Android version of ADE
- iPhone support
Changes in ADE 4.5
- Seamless fulfillment of books across devices: With this new feature, when a consumer fulfills a book on one device, the book will be automatically downloaded to all the other devices that belong to this consumer (activated using the same user ID).
Changes in ADE 4.0.3
- Support is now available for navigational items like Landmarks, Pages list, Images list and Tables list.
- MathML support is now available for ADE on Windows.
- Audio and video content in the eBooks can be progressively downloaded on all platforms.
- Erasing the authorization of this computer adds one more to your number of allowed authorizations.
- An intuitive popup box for controlling media overlays.
- The Scrubber bar can be used to navigate to pages across eBooks.
- Full support for EPUB’s Fragment Identifier.
- Full support for all input types in eBooks.
Changes in ADE 4.0.2
- Support for double-page view allows you to view 2 pages at a time for EPUB3-based books.
- Support for adding notes to selected text content in EPUB3-based books.
Changes in ADE 4.0.1
- Full-text search allows you to search for keywords across chapters.
- An intuitive panel displays the search results in a list view (EPUB 3.0 only).
- Enhanced security for transmitting rights management and licensing validation information. With this latest version of Digital Editions 4.0.1, the data is sent to Adobe in a secure transmission (using HTTPS). More privacy-related information for Adobe Digital Editions 4.0.1 is provided here.
Known issues in ADE 4.0
Known issues with rendering EPUB 3 content:
- On Windows, EPUB 3 features do not render if the IE version is less than 10.
- On Windows, Detail, Bdi, Wbr tags are not supported.
- On Windows, Mouse wheel scrolling is not supported.
- Hitting Tab inside the contents of the book changes the content alignment.
Other known issues:
- Adobe Digital Editions will not turn to the next page automatically in the NVDA Say All mode. NVDA only reads the current page until the user changes the page.
- If you have a prior version of Adobe Digital Editions installed along with Adobe Digital Editions 4.0, uninstalling one of them will de-associate the EPUB and ASCM file types with the application. You’ll then need to manually associate file types (see your operating system’s instructions for associating file types).
- If you unplug a device while it is in the process of authorizing, ADE may report the device is authorized when it isn’t. After restarting ADE, it will show the correct authorization state of the device.
- Simultaneously adding *.ACSM files along with *.EPUB/*.PDF files into the same library on Mac OS X is not recommended. Some *.PDF/ *.EPUB books may not be added in this case.