Adobe and Google are bringing K–12 students and teachers the best in creativity and productivity
The Adobe for Education team is excited to be taking part in the ISTELive 23 conference, where we’re collaborating with educators from around the world and exploring new ways to make teaching and learning better with the power of our technology.
Adobe helps teachers drive engagement across all subjects, and empower students to develop the creative skills needed for today, and the future. With the latest version of Adobe Express, available for free to all K-12 schools, we’re making creativity even more fun and easy for everyone.
Google for Education and Adobe are building on their partnership to give K–12 students the best in creativity and productivity, coming together to make the new and improved Adobe Express for Education experience seamlessly accessible on Chromebooks across the US.
Adobe and Google for Education bring new creative possibilities to every Chromebook.
Google technology has become essential in K–12 education, with millions of students and teachers using Google Workspace for Education and Chromebooks in classrooms globally.
To make it easier for schools to purchase, provision, and manage Chromebook apps, Google recently announced a new app licensing integration. With app licensing, K–12 IT admins can set up licenses directly from select app developers and then distribute them via the school directory in Google admin console.
Adobe is one of the first software developers to partner with Google on app licensing, as we saw the opportunity to make Adobe Express for Education app available to every US K–12 student with a Chromebook.
Now, K-12 IT admins can set up and log in to Adobe Express using standard Google tools, and they can pin Adobe Express in the Chromebook shelf for easy access for all teachers and students in their schools and districts.
“We're incredibly excited to be working alongside Adobe to enhance the K–12 student and teacher experience by making Adobe Express for Education seamlessly accessible on Chromebooks across the US. Creativity in the classroom is essential for learning and through this integration, we’re empowering students to develop creative skills needed for today and the future.” - John Maletis, VP of ChromeOS, Product, UX, and Engineering
Even better, students can effortlessly create engaging multimedia class projects that combine videos, posters, web pages, animations, and more — right on their Chromebook.
Plus, teachers can assign, share, and grade Adobe Express projects right in Google Classroom with the Adobe Google Classroom add-on.
The reimagined Adobe Express fosters creativity, engagement, and career-relevant skills.
Not only is the latest version of Adobe Express for Education more easily accessible on Chromebooks, but it also makes creativity more fun and engaging for students while helping them build key skills for future success.
The new beta version of Adobe Express is an all-in-one content creation app that makes it fast, easy and fun, to design and share standout content, helping learners of all levels turn everyday class projects into expressive multimedia creations.
Key new features include:
- A multimedia editor that lets students make anything they dream up. For example, they can turn a biography poster into a video in one step, or make a science video with audio and video tracks, voiceover, and free music. Plus, creating in the editor is a fun way for students to express their ideas and share their stories.
- Real-time collaboration features that teach real-world skills. The app enables students to peer-review or work on the same project at the same time to build their teamwork skills. And teachers can provide feedback to students right inside the app to support their progress.
- An Animate from Audio feature that builds communication skills. This fun feature, which enables students to bring a character to life by speaking into their microphones, allows teachers to mix up their normal routines and get students excited about new ways to demonstrate their learning. It also gives a confidence boost to students who struggle with writing or presenting.
- New templates and creative assets to inspire creativity in every class. Students and teachers will find thousands of education-focused templates, graphics, photos, videos, and more to jump-start their projects and enhance their learning.
- Interoperability with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Students can now go back and forth from Adobe Express to Photoshop and Illustrator, making it easier for them to grow into the next level of Adobe creative apps and build their digital communication skills.
- Integrations with other essential classroom tools: Adobe Express integrates with favorite LMS and EdTech tools, so teachers can sign in and manage the app with ease. Create, assign, and grade student projects directly from Google Classroom and Canvas and SSO solutions through Clever and ClassLink.
We’re excited to see how K–12 teachers will use Adobe Express to engage students in their lessons, empower them to direct their own exploration and learning, and help them build the persuasive communication skills they need to be ready for the future.