Create a beautiful signature logo using Adobe Illustrator.
From thousands of fonts to automatic tracing, Illustrator has everything you need to make striking, high-resolution signature designs.
Customize fonts to create unique lettering.
For certain company logos, starting from an exceptional font and adjusting it from there might be just the ticket. And Adobe Fonts gives you access to more than 18,000 fonts with any Adobe Creative Cloud subscription. Simply add text to your Illustrator file and then perform the convert type to outlines function, and Illustrator will turn the outlines of a font into an editable path.
“I’ll choose a font that works reasonably well. But sometimes there are too many loopy elements or aspects that I don’t love,” says Giffrow. “At that point, it becomes more about fine-tuning spacing between letters, fine-tuning the ends, smoothing out edges, or removing curlicues.”
Draw your own signature with Illustrator on the iPad.
Digital hand lettering is easier than ever with the iPad and Apple Pencil stylus. Draw your own signature or lettering from scratch using Illustrator on the iPad, and you’ll instantly have your own custom vector art to work with.
Transform someone else’s signature into a vector file.
If your goal is to mimic someone else’s handwriting, scan their paper signature into Illustrator and use the Image Trace feature to transform it into a vector file that you can edit.
General checklist for creating a professional logo.
Follow these steps each time you are creating a new logo.
- Ask your client what they’re looking for and what they might enjoy.
- Research the client’s company and competitors.
- Create a moodboard for inspiration.
- Sketch out as many logo ideas as you can.
- Flesh out three to five ideas in black and white to show your client.
- Fine-tune the client’s favorite version and add color options.
- Send your client a logo package with various logo files: a grayscale logo, a color logo, a stacked (square) logo, a banner logo, and more. Most likely, your client will require a transparent PNG of each style.
No matter what type of custom logo design you create, aim to make one that’s dynamically useful, legible, and noteworthy. Explore signature logos on Behance to check out what others have created. Then brainstorm ways to make yours stand apart from the rest.