Can I Insert a PDF into a Word Document?
Merging content or documents may not feel straightforward when you’re working with different file formats. The good news is that there are several ways to insert a PDF into a Word document.
You can insert the PDF so that it’s like its own image and even keep it editable. If you’d rather not insert a PDF into Word directly, you can also attach a PDF to a Word document, which will open the link externally. Finally, the easiest way to copy and paste content from a PDF into a Word document is to first convert your PDF to a Word doc.
How to Add PDF to Word With Insert Object Tool?
The PDF is known for its reliability and shareability since it stays consistent across all devices. If you want to keep your PDF document intact, with its formatting as its own page visible in your Word document, you have a couple of options.
The easiest way to add a PDF to Word is to simply insert the entire file. Using Word, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Word document you want to add the PDF to.
- Click Insert > Object > Create from File.
- Browse for the PDF you want to insert.
- Click Okay.
Your chosen PDF should insert directly into the Word document. From there, you can adjust the size or position of the PDF, just like you would an image. If your PDF isn’t showing up in your Word document and you’re just seeing an icon instead, make sure you have a good PDF reader or editor install on your device. It’s possible that your version of Word can’t read the PDF without it.
How to Insert PDF into Word using Copy and Paste?
You can also use a simple copy-and-paste command to insert your PDF. Follow these simple steps:
- Open the PDF file in a PDF reader or editor, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Select the content you want to insert into the Word document and copy it using the "Copy" command or the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C (Windows) or Cmd+C (Mac).
- Open the Word document, place the cursor where you want to insert the PDF content and then paste it using the "Paste" command or the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V (Windows) or Cmd+V (Mac).S
If you want to add an editable PDF into a Word document, you’ll need to convert your file first. But it’s easy to convert PDFs to Word using an online PDF editor:
- Visit Adobe Acrobat online.
- Upload the PDF you want to convert.
- Click Export to DOCX.
- Download the new Word file.
Now that your PDF is in DOCX format, you can easily copy and paste the entire file or specific parts directly into the original Word document.
How to Attach a PDF to a Word Document.
The easiest way to attach a PDF to a Word document is to simply insert the file. While using Microsoft Word, follow these steps to attach a PDF to a Word document:
- Open the Word document you want to attach the PDF to.
- Click Insert > Object > Create from file.
- Browse for the PDF you want.
- Check Display as Icon and uncheck Link to File.
- Click OK.
The PDF will attach directly to the Word document wherever you have your cursor. Then, you can click the attachment to open the PDF inside of the Word document, like an appendix.
Base this around KW research as well as resources like the People Also Ask section on Google.
Whether you’re attaching a one-page PDF, a single image or a full-scale report to your Word document, there are a lot of ways to use Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Here are just a few of the handy tricks to get you started using Adobe today.