How to convert PDFs to CSV files with an online converter.
PDF spreadsheets can be difficult to edit and upload. Learn how you can quickly convert your spreadsheets from PDF to CSV.
CSV is a popular spreadsheet file format that isn’t dependent on any particular software. The same goes for PDFs, but with one crucial difference — PDF files can be difficult to edit or upload to certain systems. An easy solution is to first convert your PDF to a CSV file.
This quick tutorial teaches you how to convert any PDF file into a CSV with Adobe Acrobat.
Turn your PDFs into editable spreadsheets.
Instead of going directly into CSV, it’s a good idea to first convert your PDF to an Excel file. CSV formatting is rather sensitive, and doing a slight detour lets you eliminate any possible formatting errors. Here’s how it works:
- Launch Acrobat and open your PDF file.
- Select the Export PDF tool from the menu bar on the right.
- Select the Excel file format from the Convert To drop-down menu.
- Select the Convert button.
- Name your Excel file and select Save.
You can now open your new Excel file and check that all the data displays correctly. Once everything looks correct, simply save your spreadsheet as a CSV file and you’re done.
You can also use Acrobat online to change your PDF to a spreadsheet.
- Click the Select a file button or drag and drop a PDF into the drop zone.
- Choose the PDF you wish to convert to the XLSX format.
- Watch Acrobat automatically convert your PDF to Excel.
- Download your converted file or sign and share it.
How to convert PDF to CSV on Windows 10.
To convert a PDF to a CSV in Windows 10, Tipard PDF Converter Platinum is one of the easiest PDF to CSV conversion methods.
- Download and install in Windows.
- Open the program and click the + button to import PDFs.
- Select Microsoft Excel from Output Format.
- You can also select the Output Settings icon next to the Format menu if you want to customize your Excel files.
- Select the Start button to begin converting your PDF to Excel first.
- Open the Excel file in the MS Excel app and go to File > Save as.
- Choose CSV as the output format.
How to convert PDF to CSV on Mac.
If you are using a Mac, there is a free solution for converting PDFs to CSVs using the native Preview app.
- Open your PDF in Preview.
- Choose the tables or parts you want and Control-click to select the copy.
- Paste the content you copied to a CSV or Excel file, and save it as a CSV later on your computer.
There are some disadvantages to using the native Preview tool, including not being able to batch convert PDF to CSV, not being able to convert scanned PDFs to CSVs, and the risk that some formatting will be lost.
Up your PDF game.
Adobe Acrobat has all the tools you need to adjust your document however you need, all in one place. Acrobat can be accessed whenever you need and wherever you are. You can easily increase efficiency in your home or at the office. Whether it’s converting a PDF to a CSV or transforming another type of document, the tools you need are easy to find and use.
With Acrobat, you can convert your PDFs to many other file formats including Word and picture files. You can also convert files back to PDF format including excel to PDF conversions. Finally, you can edit and reorganize PDFs, add text and comments, and much more.
Explore everything you can do with Acrobat today.