Print an Excel spreadsheet onto one page.
Learn how to print Excel spreadsheets onto one page to avoid paper waste with PDF files.
Microsoft Excel is the go-to spreadsheet editing software for businesses, students, and home budgeting alike. But printing Excel sheets onto one page can be notoriously frustrating. The sheets don’t conform to regular paper sizes and can easily extend onto multiple printed pages.
Fortunately, you can resolve this issue. Read on to learn how to print Excel spreadsheets on one page.
Shrink the spreadsheet in Excel.
You can scale a spreadsheet to one printed page using Excel’s Page Setup features. Follow these steps:
- Open your spreadsheet and select the Page Layout tab in the top menu.
- Select the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the Page Setup section.
- In the Page Setup window, set the page orientation.
- Under Scaling, select the Fit To option and set the scaling to one page wide and tall.
- Select Print Preview to check that your page looks correct.
- Select OK to save the settings.
You should now be able to print your Excel sheet on one page. Note, though, that if you set Excel to one-page scaling, it will automatically shrink the sheet down if it would bleed onto several pages. This may make the text too small to read, and you could waste paper on illegible prints.
Convert your Excel sheet to a PDF file.
You can also convert your Excel sheet to a PDF document following these steps:
- Navigate to Adobe Acrobat online services and launch the Excel to PDF tool.
- Drag and drop your Excel file to the converter or click Select A File.
- Download your converted PDF.
PDF files display digital pages scaled to standard paper sizes. They can help you orient your Excel sheet and avoid wasting paper. If the PDF doesn’t seem right, adjust Excel page settings and try again until your page looks good. You can also easily share the PDF and open it on any device.
Discover what more you can do with Acrobat online services to convert and edit PDF documents.